Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Pittsburgh

pittsburghpigs

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

My name is Alyssa. I'm an occupational therapy student and mom to two piggies, Rosie and Pearl. My friends all laugh at me for keeping guinea pigs as pets, but I think they are such funny and great animals.

The girls are almost two now, and they are still very skittish about being handled. When I first brought them home, I felt so terrible about picking them up - they were obviously afraid and I didn't want to make it worse. However, I wish I'd done more, because now I worry they will never like it. They are quite friendly when you approach the cage, however, especially if it's dinner time. Rosie is braver than Pearl - she alway is trying to see what's going on. She's also a little piggy - we have to actively keep her in one corner during dinner time, as she'll try to monopolize both food dishes. Definitely capitalizes on her boldness.

Very thankful for the advice on these boards - I think it's important to give an animal 100% when you bring it home as your pet, even a small animal.

Great to meet everyone! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.