Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Saying hello from Wisconsin

wheeksandwheeks

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is Denise and my family adopted 2 piggies in June of this year. We read ALOT and asked a lot of questions before adopting. We lucked out by finding Manny and Gibby at the Coulee Region Humane Society in La Crosse, WI. Sadly, if you don't look carefully, you might not know that your local humane society has small animals for adoption. They had guinea pigs, sugar gliders, bunnys, rats, a chinchilla, and birds. They don't advertise any of them on their front page or on their FB page. They had our boys for 2 months, and couldn't figure out why they had them for so long and no one had shown interest before. (slap to forehead)

Anyway, they are litter mates and are opposite. Both are tri-color. Manny is an Abyssinian and mostly black; Gibby is smooth and mostly white. Manny is very laid back but very vocal, and Gibby is fiesty and just kind of coos while Manny is waking up the house wheeking.

Gibby was a little sad when he came to us-we think he wasn't handled as much. But, with a lot of cuddling, he has turned himself around to now be a sweetie and a great kisser.

I look forward to chatting it up with everyone on here.:)

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Welcome Denise! I'm Stephanie :) I can't want to see some pictures of your little furry ones! I totally know what you're saying about the humane society's. One of the ones near me only listed one guinea pig but when I got there, they actually had two... Who were bonded... And had to go together. Why didn't they say anything about the other piggy? Because she had an infection! Honestly... They should have at least mentioned the other piggy on their site.

Anyways! lol Welcome to the site and your guinea pigs sound adorable! My Penelope is a kisser too. Sweetest thing ever. :3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.