Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello fellow cavy lovers

Salemcavies

Cavy Slave
I have been reading these posts on this forum for years but have never joined. There are so many questions that I had and have that this forum will be great for.

My home town is in Salem Oregon where there are no guinea pig rescues. The Willamette Humane society used to take in small animals but they changed their policy years ago. I know Oregon Humane Society takes in guinea pigs and some others further south in the state do also.

My hobby has become rescuing guinea pigs off craigslist (some have been in horrible conditions), vet them, socialize them and love them until I find them a new home. I don't "flip" or "breed".

I currently have 5 guinea pigs that I have accumulated in my own personal crew in the past 5 years and also have 2 rescues cavies right now. Other experience I have is fostering small animals from Dream Pipe Avairy in Albany and voluntering at WHS and OHS.

My wish is to acutally become a non profit organization and bring in many more cavies, be a source for WHS when they get calls for people needing to surrender their cavies or other small animals. I want to educate our local community and even provide food (such as a pet food bank) for small animals.

Welcome to finally becoming a member of the forum! That's great that you're rescuing pigs in your area. I hope it goes well for you and that you can become a non profit in the future. We need more people like you! :) What are your pigs' names?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.