Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! My introduction!

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi! I'm Guineapigpro, and I'm actually not new! I never made one of these, and I figured why not now?
so I originally got my two lovely boys at petsmart. I should not have, and will probably NEVER again. I had them for about three years until I really began to seriously think: "huh, I wonder if guinea pigs need something idk about.. Like bigger cages besides pet store cages, ect.." It was a random thought that changed my pigs' lives. They lived in separate cages from petsmart because they fought, but were side by side. So I was just looking at bigger cages for fun, and saw the guinea pig cages store and guinea pig market. As you can imagine, I went crazy and bought them each a 2x6. EACH. I bought 2 kitchens, 10 total fleece flippers, and so many toys and hideys so they could have rotations of toys. I was already planning on buying this, when I learned gps need a limit of a 2x3. But it didn't matter by then because I was already getting 2x6s.

So the fact that I saw that made me think even more in depth about caring for my pig, therefore I became involved in deep research. I learned SO MUCH. SO SO SO MUCH. Actually, I often find myself the done giving the advice more than asking for it!

Anyways, i learned piggerts do better in pairs, but by hen it was too late. When I seriously considered doing something, anything, my little pig named Domino died at 3 yrs old. I felt bad that I hadn't given him enough cage space, and so forth. He died from a bladder stone in surgery, my vet tried so hard. She specializes in aviary and exotics (guinea pigs, hamsters, chins, ratites, mice, ect) and is even recommend on Guinealynx, but she said she had never had such a difficult bladder surgery that ended the way it did, I all her years and with all her animals.

Moving on, we made him a little grave and continued to love the pig we had. I rethought the idea of a friend for my boar I still had, Rascal.

Yet, he sickly and unexpectedly he had very bad stomach problems. What stomach problems, you might ay? If it exists, he had it. Too many Protozoa, bloat, diarrhea, constipation, impaction, ect. All while batting UTIs and possibly a chronic bacteria. Yet, he is now recovering! We thought he would never survive!

So again, the pal thought came to mind. Yet, after much thinking the decision was made that he should got have a friend. He may have bacteria and upper chronic respiratory problems that could I humanely spread to this other friend. This decision was made by the help of my vet, my family, and trustable users of this forum. ( I'm not going into great detail on this, just trust me here ) So now he is just a happy healthy piggie, living in his palace :)

This is is my pig story, and I hope you all liked it! Any questions or comments would be great!

Agrimony

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, we'd love to see pictures of your piggies I'm sure! I'm sorry about the lost of Domino but I am glad to hear Rascal is on the mend :)

Guineapigpro

Cavy Slave
Thank you :) I was sad at first too, but then I learned to simply think of all the funny and good memories we had :)

Guineapigpro

Cavy Slave
Oh, and here is domino, the pig I lost:

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Guineapigpro

Cavy Slave
Rascal, the piggert I still have: ps, sorry some are upside down!

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.