Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Welcome Vinnie

KristiR

Cavy Slave
As some of you may have read, I had to put my sweet Patrick to sleep last month. Well Mocha was acting so sad and depressed (even though him and Patrick were not housed together) and he kept chewing the bars of the C&C cage and was even more skittish than usual. We made the decision to adopt another new little guy into our home last Thursday. He's a baby only 4 weeks old. He was born at the rescue. I named him Vinnie. He's a sweetheart and loves to eat peppers and hay. Russ and I are both holding him 5+ times a day and giving him and Mocha time in the "pig pen" together to get to know eachother. Mocha is doing extremely well with him. For the first time since Patrick passed on, Mocha started wheeking again and popcorning and I saw what is meant by rumblestrutting now. They are so sweet. I want to put Vinnie in Mocha's cage (I have a 2x6 C&C cage). I know the proper steps that need to be taken before I put Vinnie in - but I was wondering I heard that the C&C grids can be dangerous for little piglets because their heads can get stuck. Does anyone have ideas on what I can use to bring the sides of the coroplast up? Or what I can put on the grids to keep this from happening? Right now, he's in his own smaller cage until iI can get this figured out.

Thanks!

Welcome Vinnie

He's sooo cute!

Little Vinnie looks like a dapper 'lil boy, baby guinea pigs are so fun to get acquainted with & to gain their trust.
You could try to extend the fleece up the sides a little with the use of some wood clothes pins.
I hope Mocha accepts him easily as his new cage mate:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.