Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives Shower curtain advice!

aspecht

Cavy Slave
Today I plan to attempt introductions with my boys. I don't want them to be stuck in the store bought cages they're in any longer. My problem is that I wasn't able to fit my coroplast into the car yet, so I wanted to know if I could put a shower curtain on the floor, and build their cage on top? I have hard wood floors. I don't have a way to get coroplast right away. Or would it be better to just wait untli I can get the coroplast (next month). IDK! Advice?

NakedPiggy

Cavy Slave
I have a vinyl tablecloth under my cage with towels and fleece on top. The cage is over top of the carpet, and nothing leaks, so yes i think that the shower curtain would be fine! :)

aspecht

Cavy Slave
Thanks! It will be temporary but right now I don't have the money for coroplast since we just moved! I really hope I can bond all of them together so they can be in one HUGE cage!!!

Coughingcolours

Cavy Slave
I have been using a shower curtain since I've had my girls. I just cut it down to a bit larger than the cage, tape it to the floor, and build!

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
I am thinking of using a large, shallow cardboard box with a plastic shower curtain lining it, would that also work???

-Rsgymjam- striving to make a better cage for my future piggies!

aspecht

Cavy Slave
A cardboard box will work well. Just watch though, if it gets damp it will stink!

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
Alright thank you! the box would be lined with the shower curtain!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.