Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Genius Kitchen Idea!

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Ok, I feel so smart right now...you won't even believe. Anyways, I don't have enough coro to make a kitchen, and I don't want to go out and buy more, so I used a box. While I was putting the Woodstock pellets in the box, this idea came to my tired brain: "You can use a NEW box every week as a kitchen! They get a variation in kitchen size, I can get use of all these stinking boxes, and it's handy." I took out the water bowl(big) and put that outside the box, so there was more room. Anyways...Nala gives her approval. :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376283020.573679.jpg

Coughingcolours

Cavy Slave
Do you have anything waterproof in the bottom of the box? If not, it's going to get very gross and smelly very quickly.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Do you have anything waterproof in the bottom of the box? If not, it's going to get very gross and smelly very quickly.
There is a 2 inch layer of wood stove pellets, and the box will be getting changed weekly or bi-weekly, depending on the condition of the box.

piggielove123

Cavy Slave
Your piggie is so cute : )

BestGuineaPigs

Cavy Slave
That is a good idea! Me and my family shop at Costco every week, so I always get boxes.I have had no idea what to do with them! (My mom will give e any box the piggies can fit in). Now I can do that! Great idea!!!

Coughingcolours

Cavy Slave
There is a 2 inch layer of wood stove pellets, and the box will be getting changed weekly or bi-weekly, depending on the condition of the box.

Pee will still soak to the bottom without a waterproof layer. I would try cutting a fitted square out of a shower curtain. They're only a dollar, and it would help immensely.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Pee will still soak to the bottom without a waterproof layer. I would try cutting a fitted square out of a shower curtain. They're only a dollar, and it would help immensely.
I have had cardboard in the cage before, i know what happens. The box will be put in a plastic bag, and thrown away whenever the pee eventually seeps down. I wont spend money (even if its just a dollar) if i don't have to. I appreciate the input though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.