Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New water bottle

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I went on a bit of a spending spree yesterday for the GPs and rabbits. There was stuff I needed (for the new rabbit) and stuff I wanted and I splurged.

One of the things I got was an All Living Things water bottle. I cannot say enough about how great it is.

It has a spring loaded valve so it does not drip! Really not one drip! No matter how much you jiggle and shake it the spout keeps the water in. There is a little "knob" in the spout and if it gets pushed up, down or to the side it relases the water then springs back into place to seal it in again. It is also silent...no ball rattling around inside.

It has a flip top for filling and cleaning and you can actually fill the water bottle without having to remove it from the cage.

Cost was $8.99. More expensive then standard water bottles but in my opinion well worth the extra money.

It's only available at Petsmart and while I normally would not shop at a Petsmart the one by me has recently stopped selling all small, furry animals!!! I went to give them my business and tell the manager how happy I was about their new policy. My way of saying thanks was to spend some money there and I wrote a letter to corporate last night thanking them for the change.
(broken link removed)

Last edited:

twofinepigs

Cavy Slave
Cool! That's the one I have (I bought it with the pigs). When I was giving Vit C drops in the water, it had to be taken off and cleaned every day anyway, but now that it's just water and doesn't have to be cleaned so often the flip-top comes in very handy. It takes three seconds for us to top it off when we leave the house.

It doesn't drip at all, but the pigs do use it as a toy, pushing the lever and letting the water drip out the sides of their mouths, biting the nozzle, making a mess. I can't get them to play with any actual toy I give them, including toilet paper rolls, tennis balls, whatever, but they love to play with that bottle.

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
Voodoo- I bought one and absolutely hated it!!!! Its was too late to return it. I would gladly send it to you if you want it. I bought another one, the traditional kind and like it much better. If you want it, pm me your address and I will mail it out next week!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Really? why did you hate it? I absolutly want it. I wish I had bought more because we may evacuate from the hurricane and dripless water bottles will be best to have for the animals in the car.

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
Maybe I was doing something wrong with it because it kept leaking. I had it in with Coco and the babies and I swear I was constantly refilling it and cleaning up where it leaked. Maybe you will have better luck with it.

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
I don't have that one, but it's similar is some aspects. It came with my Marichio (sp?) cage that I had before I built my C&C. It's a tan opaque colour, with a different mechanism than I've ever seen before. It's not a ball, but not a lever either. Coming out of the tube is almost like a little button. No spills, no leaks, and it works great. It's also got a flip top.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I have several different ones with the spring loaded tip and they still leak. The only good point is the girls don't sit there with their tongue up the spout letting the water leak out. I think their tongue gets tired pushing against the spring.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
I have one of those water bottles! They're great since I use fleece!

piggiepigs
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.