Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi everyone!

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I've been lurking in this forum for about two weeks now as I begin my journey into guinea pigdom, and I've decided to finally join!

My name is Jessica and I don't currently have any guinea pigs but I'm working on building a 2x5 C&C with stand and possible loft for my future pigs. There is an established boar pair at my local shelter and I'm hoping I'll be able to adopt them soon but I promised the hubby I wouldn't rush into anything lol

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! I am glad that you have decided to join us and our slavery to the pig overlords! :D The guinea pigs are a great companion and they bring every one such joy. When you get your pigs, you are just going to HAVE to post pigtures of them!

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
Welcome and I agree pictures are a must

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi! Welcome to the site! :) I think there is so much to learn before getting guineas, but there is a thread that I have posted on that explains almost EVERYTHING you need to know before getting a piggie! Or at least most that you would need or know! It's kind of long, and some of it will sound pointless to read, but plz, I challenge you to simply take an 45 minutes to an hour out of your day to prepare, and it will cover a lot of things that many ppl (including myself at first) Dont think about at first. :) If you have any other questions about some veterinary things, or anything else you may not know that I don't cover, I would be GLAD to answer it for you! Plz post back if you decide I read it all! :D

here is the link:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/89110-Hello-New-here-and-brand-new-Guinea-Pig-owner-)

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! I'll definitely read it tonight!

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm so glad! :D it's got a lot of good stuff chopped in there :D oh! There's one thing I didn't include. Guinea pigs, you may already know, need fresh veggies every day. Probably especially some with extra vitamin c, such as bell peppers, ( not hot ones), parsley, or kale. Ad the earlier you introduce these veggies to them, the more likely they are to be able to eat a variety of veggies. But before you feed your GP a veggie, make sure it's safe :)

ps: sorry, you may not have to read all the sexing stuff in the first page of the thread, idk if that will be of any use to you..

Last edited:

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I'm so excited about the fresh veggies for guineas because it'll increase how many veggies I eat too! I'm hopefully adopting an older set of boars so I'm hoping they love fresh veggies or it may be a long road getting them to try it!

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I still don't have my piggies yet but I'm hopefully picking them up on the 16th!
I'm so excited I have butterflies lol

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!
Hi everyone!

Here are my boys Goliath and Piccolo! I think Goliath (the white one) is an American Shorthair x Silkie mix because the fur on his back is a little longer towards his rump, and he a LOT of fur.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Well aren't they just something sweet! Oh they are so cute!

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Pig snuggles!
Hi everyone!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Awww! Thanks for sharing the photos. I prefer boars myself, although fate decreed that I end up with sows. You have a lovely pair there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.