Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi There!

GeekPrincess

Cavy Slave
Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself and my guinea pig Carlton. I've had him for almost two months now. He's very friendly and sweet and he loves to sit on my lap after a bit of running around. He's also very talkative, which I love.
Hi There!Hi There!

And he loves to sniff my iphone when I try to take his picture.

His favorite veggies are green peppers, but I also give him red peppers, cucumbers, carrots, lettuce and zucchini. For a treat a he gets apple or grapes or cherries.

In addition to Carlton I also have 4 cats (they are never alone with him. And are afraid of him anyway, he chases them out of the sunny spots) and roborbvski dwarf hamster.

Nessy

Cavy Slave
Hi GeekPrincess, welcome. Carlton sounds like a lovely little character, looks like it to the way he's boldly sniffing at your camera lens! :)

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. Carlton is very cute! I love his name as well. :)

GeekPrincess

Cavy Slave
Thank you! His full name is Sir Carlton Bacon the Third. I don't know why he is the third, he's the first guinea pig either of us have ever owned. I keep thinking I should make him a tumblr, but then pictures of my messy apartment will be on the internet FOREVER.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
He's adorable! I love that he snuffles your phone -- wonder if he's hoping it's a new kind of veg!

Anythingforcavy

Cavy Slave
Hi, that gp is so cute! What's his name? I am writing here necause I don't know how to start threads. Anyway, I accidentally bought a store bought cage and am now putting an eight square feet cage in. Since I found out, I've now brought gilbert outside daily. Sadly, he seems only to run inside his cage. He just sits and eats the grass outside. I'm afraid he will get diarrhea if he eats too much so I take him in. He looks content and let's m pet him but even with all the tubes and rearranged toys he sits and eats grass. I don't know how to give hi, floor time since I can't go omdoors and have nothing to cover the grass. Ideas? Also, would you know any really cheap grass places? I mean Tim, hays? I don't want him to be eaton stale hay in stores. Also, is carefresh a good hay brand? Thanks!

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
@Anythingforcavy , to post a new thread, you can go to the section of the forum that you want to post in (ex., Introduce yourself, Cafe, Kitchen, etc.). You'll see a pink button in the uppper left that says to "post new thread." Just click on that and you can start your own. You might want to post yours in About Guinea Pigs or Nutrition or such.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Thank you! His full name is Sir Carlton Bacon the Third. I don't know why he is the third, he's the first guinea pig either of us have ever owned. I keep thinking I should make him a tumblr, but then pictures of my messy apartment will be on the internet FOREVER.

Love the photos and the name! When I was a kid, we named our cat "Chumbley Sumpsee Snoot the First." I have no idea how we came up with that name.

Khrisxtine

Cavy Slave
Love the photos and the name!! :) I'm new here too, so welcome!

I have 2 Guinea pigs (one named Ozzie and the Other one we are still thinking of a name) :)

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome from me and my 3 girls :)

Anythingforcavy

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much Cavy star! I'm sending a friend request. I mean wild cavy,lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.