Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello All

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
I stumbled on to this website last night. I have since discovered that I am completely inadequat as a pig owner.:eek:

We had two piggys and a rabbit in a outside hutch. The temperatures are getting into the single figures at night so I set up a temp enclosure inside and we trolled the petshops for a better option. The rabit is now on the patio in the two story that was in the back yard and is happy. My piggy's are back in the cage they were originly in before we got the rabbit.

So I googled for some better options for my babies. Enter guineapigcages.com.:eye-poppi After looking at all your beautiful cages with all there tunnels and playthings.:love: I stayed up all night looking for places to get the c&c grid mesh in Australia. Am about to venture to all the recomended places in this town so see what i can find. And a stop at spotlight for my fleece.

I am too embarrased to put a photo of my cage up:sorry:, but will add some photos of my babies. (I am tecno-challenged please bear with me).

I will accept all help to make my babies happy.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi! Welcome to the forum!

There is no reason why to be embarrassed about your current cage setup, a lot of poeple on the forum started out with tiny pet store cages.

I have seen grids in The Reject Shop, Bunnings, Spotlight, Target and I have seen people selling them on Gumtree, and if all that fails you can always look on ebay :) Bunnings also stocks Coroflute. You can also make an alternative cage out of a run. For more ideas visit the "Alternative Cages" section of the Photo Gallery: (broken link removed).

Hello All

Good luck on finding grids! Can't wait to see some pigtures of your furbabies :)

scubafaery

Cavy Slave
Hello! This site is a really great resource. I have learned so much, and continue to do so every day! I understand what you mean about being embarrassed about your cage. I am expecting my new cage from the cage store Thursday. I plan on having it all set up by the end of the weekend. Can't wait to see pics of your piggies.

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
Hello All
Hope this works. These are my babies. Hammy is black. Patches has the patches. Original I know.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Last edited:

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
Is the fleece by itself on the coro? Or is there another layer underneath? And when you make there tunnels and beds is wadding ok?

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Is the fleece by itself on the coro? Or is there another layer underneath? And when you make there tunnels and beds is wadding ok?

The fleece needs to have an absorbent layer underneath, (I use old towels). Wadding is perfectly fine to make cozies. :)

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
They are very cute. Don't forget to treat the fleece too. Did you know there is also C&C cages for bunnies!

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
What do i treat the fleece with?

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave

Fleece gets washed in your machine, you can wash it with white vinegar, non-scented detergent or bicarbonate soda. :)

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
4 hours of driving around. No c&c mesh in this town. They are still getting over the invention of electricity. Is there other names for it? I cant seem to find it on ebay or deals direct.

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
I have all that stuff. Thanks. Is it the same for regular wash days?

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
There are two brands of C&C grids that I know are sold in Australia, Ibex storage cubes and Rubbermaids Storage Cubes ((broken link removed)). :)

I have all that stuff. Thanks. Is it the same for regular wash days?

I found this link about fleece and how to maintain it: (broken link removed).

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
So have been reading this forum at night and in my lunch hours and the little diagram with the piggy pictures to tell me the cage size has been popping up all over. Now that my cages have finally arrived (Thankyou Lifespace online ). I can not for the llife of me find it again.

My husband wants to order more cages already. I have only opened one pack and put them up to test the rabbit. (They are awsome).

Hamish

Cavy Slave
I found this website yesterday and have just returned from Midland, WA searching for the Wire Cubes. I went to Target, Kmart, Officeworks and Bunnings and no luck :sad:

Any suggestion of where else to try?

Aleks

Cavy Slave

This question has already been answered, but i just wanted to add that you gotta make sure not to use any fabric softener when washing fleece. :)

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
I bought my grids from (broken link removed).
They delivered quick I ordered last thursday and received them on tuesday morning. I have ordered more.

I found movers blankets at bunnings $9 (by accident) they are recycled material blankets. ( They are called movers blankets)

And bonus spotlight is having a massive sale and I grabbed remnanents of fleece for next to nothing.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
Cool! Be sure to post pics when the new cage is all set up. :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Disturbed1

Cavy Slave
Hello All
So this is my first draft attempt. I am still working on the second level. This will become the rabbit level and my piggies will be moved up a level. Just waiting for the grids to arrive. Also note my first and second go at cuddle cups. As I dont have hay bales i have been puttin it on the floor for the moment. This photo is just after a sweeping so there isnt any new hay yet. Will take any ideas.... Any help at all

iluvguineapigs2

Cavy Slave
I stumbled on to this website last night. I have since discovered that I am completely inadequat as a pig owner.:eek:

We had two piggys and a rabbit in a outside hutch. The temperatures are getting into the single figures at night so I set up a temp enclosure inside and we trolled the petshops for a better option. The rabit is now on the patio in the two story that was in the back yard and is happy. My piggy's are back in the cage they were originly in before we got the rabbit.

So I googled for some better options for my babies. Enter guineapigcages.com.:eye-poppi After looking at all your beautiful cages with all there tunnels and playthings.:love: I stayed up all night looking for places to get the c&c grid mesh in Australia. Am about to venture to all the recomended places in this town so see what i can find. And a stop at spotlight for my fleece.

I am too embarrased to put a photo of my cage up:sorry:, but will add some photos of my babies. (I am tecno-challenged please bear with me).

I will accept all help to make my babies happy.

when i first got a pet store cage, I didn't have any idea of how much room guineas needed until i did some research. I found the appropriate sizes of cages, and thanks to that, I now have a three story cage with about 20 square feet of space for my girls. I am hoping to make a fourth level as soon as I order more grids.
I only used the small cage now for when I am cleaning out the big one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.