Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

i have two ginea pigs april white and gray femal and able male

jayla

Cavy Slave
so april is about two months old and i was told she couldnt become prego telllike three months after doing research and looking at her tummy that has gotten a lil bigger i found that not to be true and was wondering if she prego im going to put up pics and if so what are things i need to start doing and should known to prepare to help her if she is she will be older then 3 months by the time she has them is this still really dangerous i know they cant give birth after 7 months

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
im sorry but im confused??!!

use this link to help with any un awnsered question.
Breeding Guinea Pigs

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Well, I think I understand what you are asking. Let me see if I can answer it all:

A male baby can get his mom pregant after 3 weeks, or 21 days after birth. The male guinea pigs must also be separated from the female as soon as you realize the genders are different.

As for preparing, the grids should be double stacked, and the pregnant mother should get alfalfa pellets, but with timothy hay, or vice versa. Its reccommended that you stick with timothy hay because the hay will grind down their teeth.

They can give birth after 7 months, but it becomes even more dangerous. The pregnant female already has a 20% chance of dying to begin with. Are you sure that she was even ever with a male? I think that I answered all your questions. Sorry if I didn't. Good luck!

jayla

Cavy Slave
so april is about two months old and i was told she couldnt become prego telllike three months after doing research and looking at her tummy that has gotten a lil bigger i found that not to be true and was wondering if she prego im going to put up pics and if so what are things i need to start doing and should known to prepare to help her if she is she will be older then 3 months by the time she has them is this still really dangerous i know they cant give birth after 7 month i put my other guinea pig able and her in the same cage thinking nothing would happen now that i have noticed this they ar in diffrent cages

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.