Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

2GuineaPigiges

Cavy Slave
Nice to meet you all ^_^ I actually created this site a while ago but life just kind of got in the way of me actually introducing myself lol I have 2 Abyssinian guinea pigs both girls. They are sisters (one is black with white back paws and the other is black and white) that i rescued from a breeder. It is actually a funny/sad story on how i got them...I don't have any guinea pigs in a shelter where i live and the only one i could find hadn't contacted us back in months so i assume they no longer are running. Therefor i searched on craigslist for guinea pigs whose owners were looking for a new home etc. My mom found a lady who was trying to find a home for her 3 baby guinea pigs as they were preparing to move. My mother contacted her and found out more info, that's when things got confusing. First she said she was a breeder and then she said she said she just knew how to breed them, i don't know what she was talking about lol I fell in love when i saw the picture of these tiny little things therefore my mother arranged the pickup date. I went in and that's when the horror it me, i am not 100% sure if my observation is true but my father and I agree with this one. We walked in and I saw snakes...a lot of snakes. We believe they had guinea pigs to feed the snakes but we aren't entirely sure since they had rats too. Anyway...I went to the back and saw the babies and held one of them (later named Yun) and took them home, after i paid a suspiciously low payment of 10 dollars each. I took them home and they started getting settled in (scared out of their minds!) and that's when i noticed they were scratching more then they should. So it was a trip to the vet while i was freaking out thinking it might be mites or something. Turned out they had lice, so after shot after shot they were cured and i could now snuggle with them ^_^ It has been about 6-7 months since then and they are now healthy, happy, and spoiled!

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the family! We would love to see your sisters. What happened to the third piggie? You said you have the two sisters, but that the lady had three of them? I can't wait to find mine later this year.

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
Welcome! We would love to see some pigtures of your two girls!

2GuineaPigiges

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the family! We would love to see your sisters. What happened to the third piggie? You said you have the two sisters, but that the lady had three of them? I can't wait to find mine later this year.
Unfortunately I was not in a position to take all three therefore i had to leave the other sister with her mother :( I am just glad i was able to save two of them, hopefully the last one was taken away ^_^

2GuineaPigiges

Cavy Slave
Welcome! We would love to see some pigtures of your two girls!
Yun is the black and white one; Cho is all black minus her back paws. We like to say she is wearing socks ^_^
Hello!Hello!

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
They are both so gorgeous! My dog has "socks" like your Cho! :)

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
They are adorable! I wouldn't be surprised if that women wasn't breeding them for snake food, which is probably why she first said she was a breeder and then denied it. So glad that at least two of those poor pigs now have a happy, loving home.

2GuineaPigiges

Cavy Slave
They are adorable! I wouldn't be surprised if that women wasn't breeding them for snake food, which is probably why she first said she was a breeder and then denied it. So glad that at least two of those poor pigs now have a happy, loving home.
Yeah, they were in the process of moving and already had 3 grown piggies. I didn't get a good look at the others in a different cage but one of them at a glance looked ghastly :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.