Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast supplier Info

megan145

Cavy Slave
I don't know if any one else has heard of this company, Harbor Sales, Inc.
It's an online company that sells, cuts and ships different matterial including coroplast. I was so happy when I found it because if you order a 4 foot by 8 foot peice 4mm thick it's $6.41. I gave them the demensions that I wanted cut (so I didn't have to do it because I would screw up somewhere) and they send you all the peices (including anything extra from the 4'x8' that you had let over from the cut peices). They also have TONS of colors!!

Black
Light Blue
Dark Blue
Brown
White
Orange
Green
Red
Yellow
Ivory
Gray
Purple
and CLEAR

https://www.harborsales.net

All of those color chioces and I picked black lol. :rolleyes:

Nutmeg05

Cavy Slave
megan145 said:
I don't know if any one else has heard of this company, Harbor Sales, Inc.
It's an online company that sells, cuts and ships different matterial including coroplast. I was so happy when I found it because if you order a 4 foot by 8 foot peice 4mm thick it's $6.41. I gave them the demensions that I wanted cut (so I didn't have to do it because I would screw up somewhere) and they send you all the peices (including anything extra from the 4'x8' that you had let over from the cut peices). They also have TONS of colors!!

Black
Light Blue
Dark Blue
Brown
White
Orange
Green
Red
Yellow
Ivory
Gray
Purple
and CLEAR

https://www.harborsales.net

All of those color chioces and I picked black lol. :rolleyes:

Nutmeg05

Cavy Slave
Thanks, you are a lifesaver. What a great site, and very easy just to order it online. I just stashed the site in "my favorites." Thanks again for the great info!

JennG

Cavy Slave
That is GREAT!!! I need to revamp my cage for my new girl coming and make more room for her. I paid $26 for my 4x8 sheet here in town. You didn't have any trouble getting your order? How long did it take? And what thickness did you get? Thanks again!! :0

megan145

Cavy Slave
Well it went smoothly for me. I think... with shipping and to have my coroplast cut....it only cost me like.. $31.00 total. The 4x8 was enough for an 2x4 and a 2x3 cage!

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
how much was just the shipping? Did it have to go freight?

megan145

Cavy Slave
The shipping cost depends on the largest piece of coroplast that you have. I think shipping was like... $20 for me with my cut peices....if you order JUST the 4'x8' whole piece shipping is $70. I prefer having pre-cut peices anyway....lol...makes things ten times easier for me.

Shipping is a lot...but.. they cut the peices and they have a VERY wide color range to choose from which isn't usually available at local sign shops.

megan145

Cavy Slave
Ok...why can Harbor Sales be a good idea... I'll tell you (and no I do NOT work for this company and I don't personally know anyone that does).

Okay...say I've found a sign shop in town that has coroplast. I drive down there and see that they either have the small peices or the 4'x8'...only in WHITE. *sigh* I so didn't want white....but that's all they have. The 4'x8' peice is $23.99. I make my purchase and lug this big ackward peice to the car...........it doesn't fit!!! Try the back seat....nope....try the trunk....nope. Crap! So I bought ugly white coroplast for $23.99 that I can't fit into my car to get home. I call up a friend/co-worker with a truck (if I even know someone with a truck) to help haul this relatively light but BIG peice of plastic because the sign shop doesn't provide a cutting service...just printing. Well I give my friend $10 bucks for helping out becuase gas is flippin' $2.59 a gallon. I finally get it home....and I have only a tape measure and a pair of scissors....lord help me. Three hours later the scissors and tape measure go flying through the air and I'm yelling and cursing. My poor rat terrier is hiding underneath the bed and the coroplast is cut into big uneven chunks all over the floor.

So all of this frustration for ugly white coroplast for $23.99 + tax and the $10.00 I give to a friend for moving it. Almost $40.

or instead.... I order the color I want from Harbor Sales... they cut it and ship it to me... Real run down of costs

4'x8' 4mm coroplast $6.41
Shipping $21.71
Cutting charge $2.75

TOTAL $30.87

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.