Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Completed c&c cage finally!!!!! pictures up soon;)

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
SO YAY I GOT MY CORAPLAST YESTERDAY AND I FINISHED THE CAGE!!
So its a 2x4 with a separator in the middle each grid is 14x14 I finished cutting the coro and at first it was a tiny bit too big>( but then I fixed it:D I added 2 layers of towels and a blue plad fleece baby proofed and ready to go!
and I added hay racks mats under them and one small stuffed animal for each side.
next I have two piggloos one for each food dishes, water bottle, food hay ect,chew blocks a mini pillow.
Joe joe side of the cage has
1. Grean pigloo
2. Wooden chewing blocks
3. Metal hay rack
4. Food dish
5. Veggy dish
6. Mat to go under the hay rack
7. Water bottle
8. Small grey and black stuffed animal monkey
9. Blue white and grey plaid fleece
10. A 2x2 space (each grid is 14x14)

Oreos side of the cage has
1. Blue pigloo
2. Wooden chewing blocks
3. Metal Hay rack
4. Food dish
5. Veggy dish
6. Mat to go under the hay rack
7. Water bottle
8. Small pink and white stuffed animal puppy
9. Blue white and grey plaid fleece
10. A 2x2 space (each grid is 14x14)

How does it sound? and yes I came up with a name for my female piggy texel Oreo shes all black with a white stripe and a white paw:p
OMGosh you guys have no Idea how happy I am lol im a guinea pig geek:eek:
I will try to get pics up soon.
And I will be getting cuddle cups for them soon or whatever their calledlol
I stayed up till mid night building it:yawn:
IM SO HAPPY :)
AND GUESS WHAT THIS IS A GREAT DEAL AT WAL-MART YOU CAN GET FLEECE SPREADS FOR ONLY $2.88 to bad I only had time too get one a zebra print:) going to get more check out your wal-mart to see if they have this deal!
they have camo zebra this gray black pattern and red skins and cheetah print:) maybe more idk

pinky

Cavy Slave
a 2x2 is too small for one guinea pig. Minimum size for one is a 2x3. Why are they separated? If you have a female and male, I'd have the male neutered and house them together.

1966KIMMIEKAYE

Cavy Slave
congrats! It is nice to see others so excited. We have had our piggies for 2 weeks and already thinking about or next rebuild. They love the 2nd story, so we are going to add a third. Have fun.

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
a 2x2 is too small for one guinea pig. Minimum size for one is a 2x3. Why are they separated? If you have a female and male, I'd have the male neutered and house them together.
the grids are fairly large and I think if I compared them to other grids it would be a 2x3
and they are male and female and I don't think I have a savvy savvy vet near me to neuter and I will be up grading!
But for now its sooooooooooooo much better then her old pet store cage good thing she only spent a couple weeks in that thank god

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
and once I up grade I may be getting anther piggy for my female!
and my grids are 14x14

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

I agree.

And when you say 14x14 are you saying inches? If so, that's the size of a standard grid. 2x2 is not the appropriate size for 1 guinea pig. If necessary, build 2 separate 2x3s if you can fit those in better. Or find a corner to fit a 2x5 or 2x6 in/divide diagonally.

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
well done!! at least its better than a pet store cage, at the moment im building a large cage, its a pain, im having trouble cutting coro hehe

couchon

Cavy Slave
Yeah, 2x2 is not enough space for one pig, unless it's very temporary (as in you are expanding within this month or so), and 14x14 is the normal size for grids, so they are not any larger.

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I agree.

And when you say 14x14 are you saying inches? If so, that's the size of a standard grid. 2x2 is not the appropriate size for 1 guinea pig. If necessary, build 2 separate 2x3s if you can fit those in better. Or find a corner to fit a 2x5 or 2x6 in/divide diagonally.
Like theirs 14 cubes on each grid it is a fairly large cage for her when I post pics you,ll see

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
well done!! at least its better than a pet store cage, at the moment im building a large cage, its a pain, im having trouble cutting coro hehe

I fell ya I had trouble cutting it too lol

pinky

Cavy Slave
What's the dimensions of the cage? Are you using cube grids or something else? What the size of the spaces in the cubes?

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I am using grids I got them from bed bath and beyond (broken link removed)
and I think I was wrong theirs ten cubes on each sry

MozzaAnPam

Cavy Slave
Hey! Great job!! I was very proud when I got my first C&C cage done too!

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I am using grids I got them from bed bath and beyond (broken link removed)
and I think I was wrong theirs ten cubes on each sry

I have those exact grids(as do approx 90% of the users here). And a 2x2 made of those grids won't be appropriately sized for 1 guinea pig. Keep in mind, the sow is pregnant(right?) The babies need space to run. That's an extra 2-4 guinea pigs. The cage for them should be atleast 2x5(min for 3 adult guinea pigs).

pinky

Cavy Slave
The photo shows they're 9 spaces ones which are 14" across which means each side of the cage is only 28 x 28 which is only 5.44 square feet.

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
im not sure if shes preggo her stomach ha-sent gotten much bigger and still no movement

couchon

Cavy Slave
Even if she is not, that's not enough space --you need to expand by at least 2 cubes in length (one for each pig)

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Even if she is not, that's not enough space --you need to expand by at least 2 cubes in length (one for each pig)
thxs I will be exspanding soon its a lot better then her old cage though:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.