Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Update on Hunnie and Bae-Bae

gertieshmertz

Cavy Slave
2 weeks ago i noticed some scabbing on Bae-Bae's back, along with her scratching a lot and redness. I treated both the girls the next day with ivermectin and followed the instructions on guinealynx for it. After about 4 days, i saw the scabs were just barely hanging on, and the redness was looking a lot closer to her skin colour. I re-treated them after 9 days, and when i looked after that treatment, the scabs were just in her hair, and i could just brush them out. Hunnie never had any symptoms, but i knew i needed to treat them both. i changed the fleece every other day during all of this, and made sure to clean the cage itself every time. Bae-Bae is so much happier, and when i pet her she doesn't act like it is uncomfortable. Just wanted everyone to know how much i appreciate all the info on her, because i without it, i might have just thought the scabs were from scratching. so thank you :) here's a picture of my happy girls Update on Hunnie and Bae-Bae

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.