Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Idea!!

piggyTori77

Cavy Slave
I have an idea of how to make a cage. I can make the base out of wood, and I can get the cube things to make the walls. And it said that you can lay the sticking tile for the floor so it doesn't leak. Would that be a good idea?

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
By sticking tile, do you mean linoleum tiles?

To be honest with you, I feel that coropast is the best way to go. Even with linoleum tiles stuck onto the wood, any urine which get sprayed up the sides of the wood will stain it and make it smell.

cavy-carer

Cavy Slave
I think that sounds okay- as long as it is cleaned out enough. Sometimes when i clean my cage out none of the bottom of the bedding is wet so the wood doesnt get wet. Also, types of woods are strong and can withstand alot of rain on it. Just make sure you check every so often that the bottom is holding up well. Any damage and it may need replacing. Remember that floorboards are made out of wood and they last a long time, even through spillages of drinks etc.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
It sounds kind of like Voodoojoint's cage that she made. Search her name and take a look.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Yup, vinyl peal and stick tiles will work but put them on the sides too (like in step 4 in the link above. I used coroplast but the same idea applies to the vinyl tiles). Wood soaks in moisture and if urine gets on the wood bottom or sides it will not come out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.