Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Anyone else?

Owned by cavy

Cavy Slave
Is anyone else planning to use at least part of their income tax money to redo their C&C cage? I am not capable of cutting coroplast. I did a horrendous job on the two cages that I have. So... talked my fiance into buying two new sheets with the income tax money and cutting them for me. Good thing he loves me, because he really doesn't care about the guinea pigs. He says as long as they make me happy, he's fine with it. :) So I'm going to shrink the girls cage down to a 3x4 from a 3x5 and expand the boys cage from a 3x3 to a 3x4. The boys aren't fighting, but they're doing a lot of rumblestrutting, chasing and mounting. I'm hoping that the extra space will chill them out for a bit.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to save up my money to buy new sheets again to build two layers of cages, a 3x5 and a 3x5. I really don't want to do that, because I have dogs and I'll have to block the boys off completely to keep the dogs out and I'm worried that if something goes wrong health wise (especially an injury or something like that) I won't notice as soon as I will with them higher up and open like their cage is now. So I'm going to give it a shot and see what I get. I know that a 2x5 is usually recommended for 2 boars, so I'm hoping that a 3x4 since it's a little bigger than a 2x5 will do the trick!

Is anyone else planning an overhaul or extra goodies or anything with their income tax?

(I also buy a years worth of flea and heartworm meds for my dogs every year, does anyone else do stuff like this for their pets?)

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
How much are you paying for coroplast that you have to save up for it? I get it for $20 for a 4x8 sheet at a local sign shop. Anywho...I will be buying a couple new sets of fleece with some of my income tax money! Probably some treats for them too! My dogs also told me they want new collars, so that is in the cards as well =] Me on the other hand, I get nothing lol spoiled.rotten.pets lol but that's the way it should be right!? hehe

Owned by cavy

Cavy Slave
Mine are 4x8 sheets for 33 dollars. I only got a job at the beginning of December and with the kids' Christmas and playing catch up from the bills and everything, I just haven't had the extra $66 to spend. But, I'll have it when my income tax comes in. :) I'm thinking about getting them some new tunnels and hidey huts and stuff too, but I'm still thinking on that one!

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
Oooooh ok well that makes sense! I want to add more fun stuff to mine, I just don't know what that would be just yet! Haha!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.