Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Help needed for a new cage ideas;

PiggyLover52

Cavy Slave
When I bought my two boars about just over a month ago I think they were small and I had a perfect size 100 indoor cage from pets at home for them but as I'm new to owning guinea pigs and only had a rabbit and other pets before, I didn't realise how quickly they grow.
I need a new cage but can't find any C&C grids to make my own and the website I found a already made one on, I forgot to bookmark so it's a no no...

I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do about their living arrangements now..Anyone have any Ideas either about cages or where I can buy C&C grids in UK

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
You can also use metal closet shelving for the walls or a shorter X pen that is marketed for dogs. Not sure what is available in the UK but I'd look thru the photo section so you can see some other ideas for cages.

Ruben Ramires

Cavy Slave
That was my problem too. So, i bought metal grids and cut it the site i wanted, adjusted to the size of the coroplast base. You can find grids in a construction store for example. If u want i Can show You a pic

PiggyLover52

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the messages everyone. Every bit of help is much appreciated and yes could you post a picture, it'll help a lot:)

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
There are a ton of people from your area that I'm sure will pop on when they can. Your time is pretty late they usually are on earlier...

I can't remember the stores that people have found them but I know people in the UK can find them...

Ruben Ramires

Cavy Slave
These are the grids i bought. Its easy to cut, manageable and harmless to the piggies.

Attachments

image.jpg

PiggyLover52

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the replies. I've found myself somewhere to get the grids from after looking around other threads.
:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.