Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Oh no.. another generic newb post

Cliveys_nose

Cavy Slave
Hi fello cavy slaves.
I'm Emily-Jane and after months of stalking around your forum I've decided to take the plunge and join you! Both myself and my three wheelers are looking forward to getting to know you all. :eek:

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well, we didn't scare you off, then! Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find participating is actually more fun than lurking anyway. Welcome to the gang! Don't forget how much we love pictures of your herd!

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Nice to see another UK slave around lol

Cliveys_nose

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the warm welcome.

How can I refuse a chance to show my boys off :)

Wigner, who is named after a Physicist :

During his Halloween photoshoot

My little man Clive, who gives me nose rubs every morning ^.^

He really loved eating that pumpkin!

And finally my lovely boy Kevin, he lost Richie his buddy recently and is currently waiting to be bonded with Clive. Fingers crossed!

Cliveys_nose

Cavy Slave
Whoops, sorry they're so big -.-

Nice to see another insomniac from the UK :p

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
What handsome pigs :D
Kevin has 80s hair ❤️

We'll have them in C&C cages in no time ;)

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! I used to be one of the people who just lurked too, and I can assure you that being a member is much more fun.

You have very adorable piggies. I especially love Kevin's look. *Adds to pignap list*

Cliveys_nose

Cavy Slave
I adore coronets so was quite excited to stumble upon Kevin. He was severely neglected and his fur was matted with poop, hay and fur. He's a lucky boy that my mum heard about him through one of her colleagues.
I'm actually going to make two c&c cages just after Christmas, they're currently in a hutch in my room and it isn't very practical at all. I'm very excited although I'm sure I'll get frustrated by it, DIY and myself often fight xD

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
I adore coronets so was quite excited to stumble upon Kevin. He was severely neglected and his fur was matted with poop, hay and fur. He's a lucky boy that my mum heard about him through one of her colleagues.
I'm actually going to make two c&c cages just after Christmas, they're currently in a hutch in my room and it isn't very practical at all. I'm very excited although I'm sure I'll get frustrated by it, DIY and myself often fight xD

Awesome, if you want any info on the best place to get grids or correx (Coroplast in the USA) - just let me know :)

Cliveys_nose

Cavy Slave
Awesome, if you want any info on the best place to get grids or correx (Coroplast in the USA) - just let me know :)
Thank you for your help. I've found some reasonable grids on eBay and priced everything up. It hasn't worked out too expensive, though I'm sure it will once I get carried away with fleece and accessories :p

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Cool ok, don't forget these grids:
(broken link removed)

Hope you get it sorted soon :) The fleece and accessories quite often cost more than the cage itself lol

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
and if you want fairly priced correx

(broken link removed)

have searched everywhere and this is the best price with delivery for single sheets i've found

and see if you don't have a B & M store near you they do a fleece roll 2m x 1.4m which is great, also doesn't shrink too much, at £3.99 a roll

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
B&M(broken link removed)
Oh no.. another generic newb post

This is an unverified listing
1 Pall Mall
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST1 1HP

01782 202 539

(broken link removed)‎
(broken link removed)

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
and if you want fairly priced correx

(broken link removed)

have searched everywhere and this is the best price with delivery for single sheets i've found

and see if you don't have a B & M store near you they do a fleece roll 2m x 1.4m which is great, also doesn't shrink too much, at £3.99 a roll

Alright, here's the scoop.
You don't need 4mm Correx for a C&C, there are many workarounds for the thinner stuff.

Like this for example. (broken link removed)

It's only 2mm, but cheaper than the ebay seller and with cheaper delivery as well! We use it for all our cages :)

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
Alright, here's the scoop.
You don't need 4mm Correx for a C&C, there are many workarounds for the thinner stuff.

Like this for example. (broken link removed)

It's only 2mm, but cheaper than the ebay seller and with cheaper delivery as well! We use it for all our cages :)

see i wanted to go with the 2mm stuff but i got told that it's too wobbly and soft, doesn't hold its shape or anything,

i'm planning on using the correx ontop of a wood base but the front sides of the correx won't have anything supporting it, just the tape at the edge's to hold the side up, would it still work do you think?

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
The 2mm wouldn't work as an unsupported wall. We just have it securely boxed into our grids. OP definatley look at wayfair the grids work out loads cheaper than eBay ones. And the B&M fleece blankets are the perfect size for a 2x4 with a 12inch wall on one of the 2x ends! I got some with paws and bones on that came in green and blue for £3.99!

Cliveys_nose

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all your help everyone. I've used teacrate before so that's what I'll be going with.
I need 45 grids in total as I already have another 12 that I can use and I've worked it out at around £68 inc p+p from eBay. It would work out as more from the other site, plus I want white grids.

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave
HAI! Welcome to the forum! Also from the UK! Did you get that hay tunnel from pet at home? I have one like it which I got from Pets at Home ;P

Cliveys_nose

Cavy Slave
Hi fellow Britt :p Yes it's from p@h! It's since been chewed beyond repair but they used to love hiding in it hehe

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
We thought about buying those tunnels in the past, but the piggies just like to soil it...so it'd be a waste of money lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.