Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Early Merry X-mas to my piggies

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
So I finished renovating Otto and Hubert's cage, after several (several,several) hours I finally finished clipping all the pieces in and boy am I exhausted. I still have to attach another water bottle to the upstairs, and add a water bowl up there, going to have to sew new fleece to fit the 2x7 with 2x2 L shaped top, but for tonight I'm just going to lay here... on my floor.. with my laptop... and probably pass out. Here are some pics of their Christmas present. If anyone has any ideas on things to move around or change let me know, once I re-cooperate I'll add the finishing touches. I must look really dead, because my husband offered to rearrange the room tomorrow so I can get some better pics and I have more room to clean their cage etc, and then he asked me how many Guinea Pigs could comfortably live in that cage... I'm pretty sure I gave him this face > :eye-poppi and said two... HA HA HA HA.

Forgot to say: top is a 2x7 with a 2x2 attachment to make the L shape and the bottom is a 2x6.

2x7 with 2x2 L attachment with ramp to 2x6 002.jpg2x7 with 2x2 L attachment with ramp to 2x6 006.jpg

Sarah Kuhaneck

Cavy Slave
Wow that is an awesome cage!

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
:p I think someone is a piggy slave!!!

I wish I had room for a cage that big, It's AMAZING!

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Yea, I sacrificed a good portion of our living room to make a set up like that. probably about a 5th of our living room, but it's just me and my husband so we still fit comfortably in there with them. Ha ha.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Oh. my. gosh. Your cage is so amazing! It looks very professional.

And your pigs must be so happy. That's a lot of space for two pigs!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
That cage looks pretty awesome. My only question is - it looks like the grids on the loft go all the way across the ramp. How will they access the upper level?

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
The bottom portion has a hole fitted for the ramp. They have zero problems with it. Its actually the. 2*2 loft from the cage store. Ha ha.

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
You can kind of see it from the side view. Ill take a closeup tomorrow the openings big enough for the both of them.

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
That cage looks pretty awesome. My only question is - it looks like the grids on the loft go all the way across the ramp. How will they access the upper level?

Camera Tricks!! lol

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
I think you need more pigs! ;) Great job!!

lissie

Cavy Slave
You cage looks amazing!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
That is a fantastic cage!

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
I think you need more pigs! ;) Great job!!

My husband agrees with you, we might be adopting a pair of 1 year old boys that my husband found/was asked to take care of(originally we thought they were girls and were gonna have to keep them in a seperate cage if we agreed to take them in, miscommunication between us and the person trying to re-home them). Well, my husband brought it up again last night after I was done building the cage(I thought he had decided he didn't want more guinea pigs, but I guess I was wrong :p), hence his questioning me on how many guinea pigs could comfortably fit in a cage that size, etc. We have a 2x6 quarantine cage upstairs and it's ready in case we do end up with the pair of boys, but if not, he asked me if I could e-mail a Guinea Pig only shelter we have in the area for a meet, greet, interview, to see if we can find 1-2 boys in need, or maybe even foster. It's funny how he was so anti-attach to the guinea pigs when we got them (because he just lost a very special cat) and now he's obsessed with them and how they have their different personalities. He was super impressed with the cage I put together too. That always makes me feel good when something I attempt to create actually turns out. :p

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Oh what I would give to hear my husband say "honey, can we get 2 more piggies?"❤️ That would be the best Christmas present ever! Your hubby is a keeper! :) Mine is a stinker ;)

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Oh what I would give to hear my husband say "honey, can we get 2 more piggies?"❤️ That would be the best Christmas present ever! Your hubby is a keeper! :) Mine is a stinker ;)

Haha lol

Looks like alot of effort went into it @Kritastrophe

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
Haha lol

Looks like alot of effort went into it @Kritastrophe

Yea, never expanding on it again. Or at least not any time in the near future. I feel a little sore from putting it together today, just not used to laying on the floor and using all my weight to clip in so many grids. Ha ha.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
That is an adorable cage! Happy to hear about your husband also becoming a cavy slave!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.