Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Scared

plumpuff

Cavy Slave
Chai has been hospitalized. She's very sick but no one seems to know what's wrong. She was having trouble breathing and blood was coming out of her nose.

im a wreck. She's my baby and I don't want anything to happen to her. I'm so scared.

She was perfectly fine before. No other symptoms or problems. Suddenly this happens.

She was perfectly fine before. No other symptoms or problems. Suddenly this happens.

Sounds like a URI of some kind (guess there). It's common for them to have virtually no symptoms and pretend everything's ok until they absolutely have to.
She's in the right place

Chai passed away. I can't handle this.

Oh, I'm so very sorry for your loss :'(

I'm sorry for your loss.

Loosing anything you care about it hard, especially a pet.

I'm soo sorry. Hang in there, I know it's hard now, but it'll get better eventually. RIP Chai, you will be missed. It sounds like she had a bad case of a URI. Again I'm so sorry for your loss. :( -hugs-

Oh, gosh...I"m so sorry.

I'm really not handling this well. i'm shaking and constantly crying. i just loved her so much, and she was taken from me so suddenly. just earlier yesterday she was happily sitting in my lap and seeming fine. she never had any symptoms. she was eating, pooping, running around like normal until the final few hours.

i didn't get to have her for a year. she didn't get to live to be 2 years old. i was expecting her to live a long, happy and healthy life, it's what i strove for. i worked so hard to take good care of her and our other pigs.

it's not fair. i can never see her again. i can never hold her again. she's gone. i want her back, but i can't have that.

Oh I am so sorry...I know that feeling :( I lost a little guy last year that I hadn't had for very long. He was totally fine and then at 3pm he had runny poo, we went to the vet, got medication and we were back at the emergency vet where he died at 3am. I cried and cried for days. I gave a ton of attention to his brother and we consoled each other. Do you have other piggies? They're great listeners and healers. As the days pass, the crying will lessen.

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's the worst thing about owning & loving an animal. It's completey normal to mourn in whatever way you feel like. Iv'e taken time off both school & work & talked to a councelor because they do find their way into our hearts forever.
She had a happy life with you where she was loved & well cared for, that's all that matters.
Now she's munching on grass & popcorning away on the rainbow bridge, healthy & happy. She knew love because of you.

I don't want you to think "what if?." But did you weigh her regularly? If not, make sure you do weigh any future pigs weekly, as they do hide any symptoms illnesses until they can't anymore, and weightloss is the first sign. You did the best you could. They can go downhill so quckly.

I am sorry.

Did the vet say what was wrong?

I weighed her regularly, and actually I weighed her the day she died and she had gained 2 oz. She never lost any weight.

The vet said it was pneumonia, but cardiac arrest was what actually killed her.

Plumpuff,

I'm so sad for you and for you loss. I also lost a pig suddenly and unexpectedly not so very long ago in a freak accident. It was helpful for me to have the one remaining pig so we could keep each other company. You may not have another pig? You didn't do anything wrong, pigs are just this way as others here have said. Getting over the loss in the early hours and days can be really difficult. If you are struggling, you might be open to trying this as an active way to engage in your process and honor the life and memory of Chai. You can get a candle, maybe some incense and/or anything else that is meaningful to you, maybe something that makes you think of Chai. You can just take some time sit with the thoughts, feelings and memories and just let that wash over you, maybe set up a special little place or corner to do this work of grieving for as long as you need to. There's no right or wrong in this only your great love for you little pig. You can just let that be and feel all of that as much as you need to until you feel better. You'll know when that is; you can trust yourself and your experience of the loss of Chai.

lots of love to you,

- karen

We have two other pigs. It's just not the same without Chai. She was our sweet shy little baby.

Scared

We have two other pigs. It's just not the same without Chai. She was our sweet shy little baby.

The Rainbow bridge just got a whole lot prettier :)

I'm very sorry to hear about your poor baby. I can understand the pain of losing a new piggy. Its not something that's easy to handle or cope with. But we're here for you, and we'll talk to you and help you through it in any way we can!
Much love and hugs! <3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.