Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Poor Lexi had a bad fall.

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
So I got home tonight and my boyfriend tells me there was a problem while I was at work. He was getting Lexi (a small 5 month old abby) jumped from his arms and fell all the way to the floor as he was taking her out of the cage to trim her nails. He had both hands on her but she is just so quick and so small and once she moved he had no chance of catching her like he would have with a larger pig.

He thought she was dead but she was breathing and he rushed her to the vet. They said nothing is broken, all the joints are in the right spots and sent her home with some pain meds. She seems okay. She ran from me when I went to check on her so she can move alright. She seems really tired and it's odd but she really wanted to be by Jipsy right now. She keeps forcing her way into the same pigloo as Jipsy even though they usually all take their own and never fight over there. She just really wants to snuggle up right now I guess.

So hopefully she recovers alright with the meds.

I'm sending Matt out to get a larger pigloo so they both can fit in there when Lexi wants a snuggle.

Aww poor thing! Hopefully she feels better soon!

@(broken link removed) Definitely hope she recovers. Just out of curiosity, how long had you owned pigs as pets before you guys decided to start a rescue?

Last edited:
I worry about it too. Always worry they will wiggle free. Especially when I go to put them back in the cage. They always want to jump to freedom. Being new to pigs, I always have to be extra careful since they seem to amaze me with something new every day!

Aww, send love & cuddles to Lexi from my pigs and me! I hope she feels better soon, in the meantime maybe stuff a bit of fleece with something to make a nice "cuddling buddy" in case Jipsy is feeling cranky and needs some space.

Poor baby, good thing nothing's broken.. Lots of love from me and my pigs! <3

Thanks guys! Lexi is doing very well. She is eating and drinking just fine.

Matt feels terrible. Usually I handle Lexi, Matt is such a huge guy and he just can't get as good of a grip on tiny little Lexi as I can. He was trying to be extra helpful.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.