Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives Need Something Temporarily

Glorylocks

Cavy Slave
So I should be bringing my piggies home sometime next week! =) My problem is that I don't have any coroplast. I have my grids all ready. I built a 2x3 but realized I have enough in one box for a 2x4 with a roof so I'm planning on expanding it tomorrow. Do you know of anything that I can temporarily put down under the cage instead of coroplast until I can get some? I already have some fleece and plan on purchasing cage accessories soon..thanks so much! =)

pinky

Cavy Slave
So I should be bringing my piggies home sometime next week! =) My problem is that I don't have any coroplast. I have my grids all ready. I built a 2x3 but realized I have enough in one box for a 2x4 with a roof so I'm planning on expanding it tomorrow. Do you know of anything that I can temporarily put down under the cage instead of coroplast until I can get some? I already have some fleece and plan on purchasing cage accessories soon..thanks so much! =)

Go to the dollar store and buy a shower curtain. It'll work fine until you get your coroplast. Some people use shower curtains instead of coroplast.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
yup shower curtain, or a tarp. If you can I would do a 2x5 the cage gets a bit small when you put all the stuff in a 2x4.

Glorylocks

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much! Should I put anything between the fleece and the shower curtain to help absorb any urine?

pinky

Cavy Slave
Use towels. If you have a uhaul store, you might want to buy some recycled denim uhaul pads. They're 100% cotton but a lot more lightweight than towels. They're also very inexpensive... $7.99 and will be more than enough.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
There are a few Sabics located in Ohio. (broken link removed)

I paid $15 for one 4ft x 8ft sheet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.