Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Do you need more than one?

Silver_mist

Cavy Slave
If you have two guinea pigs, would you need two things like food dishes and water bottles? Is there anything else you need to have more then one of?

ssssarah

Cavy Slave
if they're big enough one should be fine. unless one of the pigs is really really possesive, then you might need to separate their food and stuff. the only thing you really need multiples of are hideys - you should always have n+1 hideys in the cage, if n is the number of pigs. so basically, you'd need 3.

Nix16

Cavy Slave
Ideally you should have 2 water bottles any way, just incase there is a problem with one of them. You need Atleast two hidies, food bowls would depend on the pigs personality's, I have 3 bowls for 5 pigs. Two hay racks would be a good idea, that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have three boars and they each have their own hidey space (I use tubes rather than pigloos), I have two hay racks, and one extra large food dish. At first I had one hay rack but they started to squabble so I added a second. I also had two food dishes but they would all eat together at the larger one anyway so I removed the second. It's good to have 2 of each if needed but depending on how they are you may not need extras.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I have one main water bottle and another one that I don't always refill everyday. Many hidies, one food bowl and a large hay bag with three openings.

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
I have a towel or blanket i clip in the corner, a pigloo, a tunnel , and sometimes a box, sometimes i put in rotation a fleece snuggie that holds all of them they like to play under it and use the sleeves to play in.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
Depending on the size one food bowl and one water bottle is fine. I have two sows and one bowl and bottle works fine. It also depends on your pigs personalities if one or both of them are overly dominant or a possessive you may want more than one so they won't fight boars are more likely to have this issue than sows. As far as places for your guinea pigs to sleep like hidey houses,cuddle cups,sleeping bags ect you will probably need more than one because no matter how much the guinea pig enjoy each others company there are always times just like people when they want to be alone. oh and one hay rack is fine as longs as it's big (if you use a hay rack that is). Hope this helps.

LithiumRiot

Cavy Slave
Two water bottles, and more than one hidey per pig is probably necessary. My pigs are currently separated because they got into a fight over a pigloo so they wont be back together until I can get a 3rd hidey. (I'll probably just make one out of an ice cream tub once I finish that)

I have two hay racks, and two food bowls because Lucy is really possessive and having two hay racks just helps them not run out of hay while I'm at school

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.