Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Exactly How Large Is A 2x3 C&C?

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Are 2x3 C&C cages (with connectors) much bigger than 7.5sq ft? I may be adopting a pair of piggies soon and of course, the cage has to be big enough or they won't let me adopt.
My cage currently looks like this:
Exactly How Large Is A 2x3 C&C?
It's got half a cube missing temporarily (in the far right corner) as we need to change the room around before a full sized 2x3 can fit. So how big is this?

Just did some rough calculations...a 2x3 turned out to be 8.4sq ft. Is this correct?

approximate calculations of 35cm per square equals 70cm by 95cm, giving you approx 7.158000427111964 square feet of floor space.

hope that helps

Exactly How Large Is A 2x3 C&C?or at 35.56cm per 14" square equals exaclty a lenght of 1.0668Meters by 0.7112 Meters giving you a total floor space or square footage of 8.166666666666666 and there ya go

Are you housing 3 pigs in a 2x3?

@madelineelaine I believe the story is that broccoli, the pig in the pic has recently died and she's looking to adopt a pair soon, so the 2x3 will just be for the two new girls, hope I have my story straight lol.

Oh, I'm sorry. I obviously had no idea. I was confused.

A 2x3 is the bare minimum, but if you're looking at boars a 2x5 really is best.

Sorry - I should have made it clear. Broccoli passed away, and I am looking to house two females in the 2x3 (I couldn't have a trio as I don't have enough room for a 2x4, let alone 2x5!). But we should be able to expand to a full 2x3 soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.