Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast If you live in St. Louis, where did you buy Coroplast?

ZenMama

Cavy Slave
I'm planning a 2x4 grid cage, so I would need 70x42 sheet. I've called a couple of places, some don't sell to the public, the others require a minimum order of $50-$100.

Home Depot carries one sheet of 72x36, which is a good deal if it fit the cage. I'd have to do 4 inch sides to make it work, though. The only bigger one they sell comes in a pack of 10.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'm planning a 2x4 grid cage, so I would need 70x42 sheet. I've called a couple of places, some don't sell to the public, the others require a minimum order of $50-$100.

Home Depot carries one sheet of 72x36, which is a good deal if it fit the cage. I'd have to do 4 inch sides to make it work, though. The only bigger one they sell comes in a pack of 10.

I overlapped my grids so that one of my double decker cages is 25 x 56 due to the space I had to fit the cage, not because of the size of the coroplast. I like it better than my 2 x 4 double decker because overlapping the grids made it more solid. You'd have to use zip ties to secure it. Space wise, you can't even tell the difference and my pairs still runs laps in there. That would allow you to have higher sides.

lissie

Cavy Slave
The one from Home Depot will fit up to a 2x4.5 if you make the sides 4.5 inches tall.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Sabic Polymershapes has a location in St. Louis. I got my 4ftx8ft sheet at $15. Only issue was they have a min invoice of $25. So I bought 2 and sold one to a user on here.
(broken link removed)

ZenMama

Cavy Slave
I went ahead and bought the one from Home Depot. Gonna try to put together the Target cubes (yes, they have 9 squares) and then put the coroplast in tonight. I have carefresh bedding right now, I bought a small package to try, so I'll use that tonight and then we're going to buy fleece this weekend.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.