Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sheba and soon adopting Alicia...

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,

I just got my first piggie Sheba about 3 weeks ago...we definitely fell in love with her and her with us, right away squealing and purring as we held her. I can't really figure out if she's a silkie or not (my guess is that she's probably a mix?) because her hair is not super long, but around her rear is actually quite long maybe 4 inches or so! I think she's a pretty original color too - kind of brindle... Anyways, we hope to get her a friend in a couple weeks! We've picked out a baby girl for her but she will only be ready in about a couple weeks - she's only 1 1/2 weeks at the moment! They are simply the most adorable things when they're babies!!! So ultra soft and once they settle into your hand, they're just so cuddly!! I just can't wait to go get her!! In the meantime, we'll be visiting her, of course. Watching her grow is pretty cool too! I'm very excited to get to know all there is to know about piggies! ❤️

Nix16

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find your way around and get lots of great information. It would probably pay to read up on sexing Guinea pigs and sex little Alicia before you bring her home just incase they've made a mistake since she's so young.

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum! Definitely sex them both before you put them together, or you may end up with a pregnant piggie. We would love to see pictures of Sheba!

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Yes, we will definitely be double checking on that before we take her home!! =)

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Sheba and soon adopting Alicia...Sheba and soon adopting Alicia...Sheba and soon adopting Alicia... So here's my little (big!) Sheba!! Can anybody tell me which breed she could possibly be from? I'm just curious!

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find your way around and get lots of great information. It would probably pay to read up on sexing Guinea pigs and sex little Alicia before you bring her home just incase they've made a mistake since she's so young.

I did compare her to her siblings and it seems like she was definitely a girl (one of the only girls actually!) but I will definitely re-sex her before bringing her home! =)

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! WOW! She's BIG! Is her coat very fine? She may be a Silkie mix....maybe....

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Yes, I'd say her coat is fine and it's very soft! So nice to pet...and yes, she IS BIG! :D

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
this is Philomena...does she look like your Sheba?Sheba and soon adopting Alicia...Sheba and soon adopting Alicia...

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Yes! Her face has more a more bushy coat, but the length of her hair is overall just like that! She just seems to have more of it! Is yours a silkie mix?

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Yes, she is. Her coat is very fine, and very soft. It gets longer in the back, around her rump.

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Sounds just like Sheba! Do you know what the other breed was with the silkie? Thank you very much for sharing that with me!!

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry, I don't. Mystery Pig. I'm assuming an American Shorthair, but who knows!

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
lol...maybe one day someone else will have a mix like ours and tell us! ;)

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
She's such a cutie! :) She looks a lot like my Oliver, even the colouring is alike. He has longer hair, especially around his bottom where some of it drags on the ground. Sadly I don't know what kind he is, so I can't help.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Philomena looks like an American to me since her coat looks pretty uniform but Sheba resembles more Silkie since her fur looks longer. It would help to see a photo of Sheba on the ground. Both breeds have hair swept off the face but Silkies have a longer coat. Both are gorgeous girls and both look like big girls. How much do they weigh?

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
She's such a cutie! :) She looks a lot like my Oliver, even the colouring is alike. He has longer hair, especially around his bottom where some of it drags on the ground. Sadly I don't know what kind he is, so I can't help.

Awww...he sounds so cute. Do you have a picture of him? I'd love to see him! :)

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Philomena looks like an American to me since her coat looks pretty uniform but Sheba resembles more Silkie since her fur looks longer. It would help to see a photo of Sheba on the ground. Both breeds have hair swept off the face but Silkies have a longer coat. Both are gorgeous girls and both look like big girls. How much do they weigh?

Sheba's fur doesn't drag on the floor or anything...which is why to me she looks kinda like Philomena but with quite a bit more hair! She's definitely a big girl though!! She weighs almost 1100g!!

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
OOOOOUPSY!! My girl is actually a BOY!!! Good thing I'm realizing that now!! Don't trust just anyone to sex them, huh?! :guilty:

Last edited:

rjkjgillies

Cavy Slave
Well, Sheba is now Mocha...that's embarrassing! :eek: I guess it goes to show that you need to learn how to sex them rather than take someone else's word for it... Anyways, despite the embarrassment, it's much better now than once we get our 2nd piggie! I'm so glad I'm on this forum...obviously I need to learn more about my precious piggy! :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.