Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Any thoughts on using Linoleum?

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x4 C&C enclosure with a 1x2 upper deck. The upper deck is used as their kitchen. Unlike a lot of posts I have read we rarely get an occasional poop in the kitchen area. They primarily poo in their pigloo's and their litter box. Nice, right! But we do have to sweep up the hay and crumbs in the kitchen area off of the fleece that is there now.

My thought was to make a Linoleum box the same way we made the Coroplast box and drop it in there to make clean ups a little easier. The reason for making it like a box was to keep the occasional urine or water leak semi contained instead of just a flat piece of Linoleum.

Any recommendations or thoughts on this idea?

lissie

Cavy Slave
Are you using linoleum instead of fleece? The only thing I can think of is it would be messy in there, and you'd have to replace it if it gets wet. Why not use loose bedding in the loft? That should help with cleaning.

Kota12

Cavy Slave
I actually just built an upper loft an ramp out of wood. I didn't want the wood to soak urine up so I laid a couple pieces of linoleum on the loft and the ramp. So far, so good.

Edit: I do use fleece though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.