Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury guinea pig fell!!

Eustace

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig Spock fell from almost two grid cages up. He fell on a plastic house face first. One of his teeth is broken, but he seems to be walking fine and he still likes being petted. Please respond ASAP I dont know what to do.

angie901

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry to hear about your guinea pig. You should take him to the vet. That's the #1 thing you should do. Tell me if he's feeling okay. Sorry about him

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
You need to take him to the vet right this minute. he could be seriously injured

Eustace

Cavy Slave
okay, thank you very much.

Eustace

Cavy Slave
my mom wont bring him, will you please tell her something to convince her.. its not about the money its about her being lazy btw

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
Well you pig has to go ASAP, otherwise she may be dealing with a lot more vet bills, possibly a death. You have no idea if there may be an internal injury or something else wrong.

Eustace

Cavy Slave
she keeps saying how it was a soft fall and how his tooth was already broken. shes so hard headed, i really want spock to be ok :(

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
Landing face first on plastic, is not what I consider a soft fall. He could have internal injuries and other problems you just cant see.

Cavia Appia

Cavy Slave
I would tell her that if he broke his tooth and the nerve root is showing, this is very painful for him and he may not be able to eat properly, thus starving to death and dying a long and miserable death. Guinea pigs must be able to get the proper dose of nutrients each day or they risk scurvy, which can cause bleeding in the muscles and tendons and excruciating pain all over their bodies. Additionally, they need to be able to eat roughage like hay nearly constantly to keep their very short intestinal tracts active: since they cannot benefit from a long intestinal tract in order to extract nutrients slowly while traveling through a long tube, they must eat large quantities frequently in order to make up the lack of nutrients absorbed.

That should help convince her. Just emphasize to her that by putting off a vet visit with a broken tooth that may require him being hand-fed, she may be condemning him to starve. See how that sits on her conscience.

Best of luck to your poor piggie!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

Cavia Appia

Cavy Slave
How's Spock doing? I've been wondering about the little guy. Hope all is well!

amiamiami

Cavy Slave
im sorry about the falling. Tell me how the guinea pig is feeling. Take him to the vet , its the number 1# thing to do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.