Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Plastic?

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
Ive seen some alternative cages that have, what it looks like, a plastic liner around on the grids? I know its not coro and I was wondering what it was called and were you get it. I am going to save up allowences(sp?) and make my guinea pig at my mothers house Georgie (female) a c & c cage. She is 5 years old and I also plan on eventualy getting her a buddy to make her last years wonderful. I already have 2 other guinea pigs at my fathers house and was trieing to get my mom to let me bring Georgie to my dad's for the rest of her years and make a bigger cage and my mom said that she couldn't give Georgie up because she loves her too much. So I plan on making a C & C cage out of an Old shelving short of unit, grids and that liner.

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Well, for a C&C you can either use coroplast, but if it wasn't that, then it was probably linoleum, which is similar, just not as strong. You can probably find it at someplace like Home Depot or Lowe's. I'm not sure how much it costs though. Well, good luck!

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
no that wasn't what I was thinking of but thanks anyways! I am trieing to find a picture on the site. But it doesn't go on the whole bottom of the cage and its not flexible like lino, and its not coro. Its got horizontal ridges it in and its semi see through. It only goes on the bottom of the grids so nothing falls out.

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Hm, I'm not sure. I think it looks like coroplast, just transparent. Good luck!

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Yup, its coroplast.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
Oh :-( I was hoping it was some sort of non-toxic plastic. Oh well I will figure something out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.