Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

misspiggy.

Cavy Slave
Hi there,
I am new to this site and I'm just loving it! It's great to see so many other people just as passionate about guinea pigs! I've always had them as a child but now that I'm an adult I have been able to really appreciate them. I adopted one little girl when she was 2 but I am sad to say she passed not long ago. She really made me fall in love with guinea pigs and now I can't be without one. I recently adopted another pig from the humane society and she has been a great fit! It's my first time raising a baby piggy (she's 4 months old) so any advice would be great! She has adjusted really well to her new home, but I have a feeling she may be wanting a cage mate. She always popcorns when she's around my dog but my dog wants nothing to do with her haha; time will tell though. I look forward to hearing all about everyone else's piggy experiences and sharing some of my own!!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Please get your Pig a friend-- They flourish in pairs and you will see a totally different side of your Piggy!

Do you have a C&C cage? That is a question I usually start out with for newcomers.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum!

misspiggy.

Cavy Slave
Thank you!
yeah I am just in the process of finding her a little friend.
I do not have a C&C cage, I haven't been able to find the materials.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome! So glad you have found us. We doove talking and sharing all things piggie!

A baby needs abit moe calcium than an adult. You can give them alfalfa hay until they are 6 months old. or feed alfalfa plain pellets. Sheshould have veggies everyday.
A friendwould be wonderful. Do hope you find one soon to adopt.

Grids can be found at Bed Bah and Beyond, Target and various stores. If you cannot find coroplast you can use a shwer curtain.

Looking forward to picturws and sharing with you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.