Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing linoleum

M

Maren

Chewing linoleum

Over here in New Zealand I absolutely could not find anything remotely like cubes. Organisational shelving was so expensive that it was out, no question. The best I can come up with is chrome plated grids with cable ties to connect them. But I don't know what to use as a roof to protect the pigs from Sage the cat. Any ideas?! I suspect that cloroplast will be ruinously priced also, and am considering lino. Is it safe for piggies to chew and how do you prevent that from happening. What about wooden trellis, has anyone heard of using this? I must make the habitat soon as winter is coming and the pigs will be unhappy in all that driving rain and cold. (Who wouldn't).

Attachments

DSCN1462.jpg

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: Chewing linoleum

Oh my. The C&C cage design is in no way intended as an outdoor cage. That's a whole different set of requirements. You need to build a hutch.

M

Maren

indoor accomodation

No, no. I'm moving the guys indoors!

Attachments

Cage4.jpg Sir Pig.jpg Cage2.jpg WP_20140904_18_38_00_Pro.jpg WP_20140905_18_43_47_Pro.jpg WP_20140905_18_58_25_Pro.jpg WP_20140905_18_59_51_Pro.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.