Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Where?

• Thread starter abyssinianpiggy
  • Start date

abyssinianpiggy

Cavy Slave
Where? Okay, so ive got the grids. What do i do
For the bottem?

Well, first that's cage is too small for one pig (Don't know how many you have) So you may need to change your design.

Edit: Also for that top layer, you are going to need to make a bent grid ramp or something that has sides, and also have some way to block off the other parts of the top so they can't fall off

Last edited:
The guinea pig cages homepage has very clear and concise instructions on how to build a cage from cubes and coroplast. If you do not have access to coroplast- a shower curtain, absorbent layer, and fleece on top works.

In another thread @abyssinianpiggy said they have three guinea pigs..
I really hope their plans aren't to keep all of them in there..
Wouldn't it be better to remove the top level, and use those grids to expand the bottom?
:)

With that amount of grids she still could only make a 2x4 which would be enough for 2 at the very most (Bigger is always better)

yes maybe they trying to give the piggy an adventure

You definitely need a 2 x 5 for three guinea pigs.... at least.

I'm assuming the picture they have posted isn't actually how they are going to have their cage.(hopefully) I think they are wondering how to design it. If you look at the picture sections on the main website there are tons of picture to show you how :)

I have 6 guinea pigs at the moment: 4 females and 2 males. 1 female
and 2 males have ringworm so right now i have 3 cages. The picture that
I posted : the cubes cost $40. That was already enough for my dad,
And if i make the cage bigger it will take up too much room.in that cage
Im planning to keep 3 gpigs.

Ohhhhh no! If you are keeping that cage like that, it is a 2X2 and not enough room for ONE pig, let alone 3. Which 3 pigs are you planning to house together? You said you have 6 but the mix of 4 females to 2 males.

With the 2 of the 3 grids you have on top, you could expand the main level to a 2X3 and that would be big enough for 1 pig.

Are the males neutered? Are they living with the females? If the males are not neutered, please separate from the females immediately.

$40 per box is expensive. You could find cheaper ones here. They will ship to your local store for free, you won't have to pay for shipping.

Sears:
Floor Standing 6-Cube Storage Unit- Stor-Tools-Garage Organization & Shelving-Storage Hooks & Accessories

K-Mart
(broken link removed)

If you can't buy new grids, at least make the current one a one level. I counted 12 grids, you can make a 2x4 cage. Normally there's 16 grids in each box. You could make a 2x6 if you have 16 grids.

3 females. Of course im not going to keep the males with the females.

Oh, and also I AM trying to sell them/ give them away, but apparently
No one wants abyssinians, plus the ones i wanted to sell have ringworm
So i'll just have to wait untill they get better.

Where are you located at? I may be interested in one. (That no longer has ring worm or any health problems of course)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.