Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Will This Be Big enough?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've made a plan of how many girds I'm thinking about using to make my cage bigger if I do get a third boy. Will it be big enough for 3 grown males to happily get along in?

Will This Be Big enough?

This is the size I have my two boys in right now:
Will This Be Big enough?

So I would just be adding 3 more girds.

Is this a one level cage? So it's going to be a 3x4 attached to a 3x2 then? It should be plenty of space for 2-3 boys though, yes.

I dont understand your layout. Are the outside grids the walls of the C&C that stand vertical? Is the white space open area? Are the squares space fillers or cage floors?

The squares are the bottom of the cage, they're the girds. :)

Or would it be better to do this?
Will This Be Big enough?

Last edited:
Yes, It's just one level. :)

I like the first one more than the one in post #4.

Cleaning will be difficult with such a wide cage, perhaps a U shaped cage that equals out to 18-20 grid base?
Do you have space restrictions for the cage? I might be able to help better with more info.

There is a door Which is why I've left the big gap on all of the different ones. I do mange to clean their cage already which is the second one in my first post.

So something like just a normal 3x6 with like a 1x2 area cut out in the front of it for easy cleaning wouldn't fit then? I think a 3x4 with like a 1x3 loft would be plenty of space for three pigs though honestly if you cant do anything else.

I can't do lofts, I've got 3 mouse cages with my four male mice in them who have to share the room. :)

I think If I do get another boy I think I'll just stick with my first design.
I just wanted to know If It would be big enough for 3 adult piggies.

Thanks

This Is what I'll try I think:

Will This Be Big enough?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.