Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Advice on website ..

• Thread starter PeeweesPiggyPalace
  • Start date

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I want to start a website.. So I can sell my homemade guinea pig items.. Besides etsy.. Are there any others out there? I've been looking for days and not sure where would be the best. Thanks in advance for advice :) Advice on website ..

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
you could sell them on ebay, my friend has a sucessfull selling career on ebay selling sock monkeys :D

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I'll have to look into eBay some more.. I know there is some sort of fee..? Also some things will be made to order.. Such as fleece cage liners.. So size and colors would vary a lot. Thank you.. Completely spaced off eBay.. Lol

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
also if you have fb, my friend sells sock monkeys from a page she made on facebook, people inbox her their requirements and she collects money from paypal then sends ...she is quite succesfull :) just a thought

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
Very good idea! I am (I think) the only one on my Facebook that has piggies though..

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I do have an eBay and PayPal and facebook account already.. So that's a step.. Or three!

jussiecar

Cavy Slave
what s your etsy website?

I would say ebay aswell....or maybe just set up your own website and make a shop on that :) Sorry im not much help :(

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I don't have one.. Yet.. Still researching.. :) I also don't want or intend to break any forum rules :-(

jussiecar

Cavy Slave
what forum rules? :S

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You could use weebly?

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave

Mrs_Ames

Cavy Slave
I believe that Etsy is more expensive to sell on then Ebay. I use to list clothing and such on ebay and it wasn't too expensive at all. I am not sure how much it is to list on Etsy but I have a friend who sells baby blankets and hats. She does it through a facebook page because etsy cost too much. You can always start up a facebook page and have people pay you through paypal. Good luck!

Gohan

Cavy Slave
Get your own url (this will cost maybe $20 a year, so it's not too pricey), then make a amazon store (this will cost maybe $40?) Use HTML code and pull the amazon store over to your website this is the best way I have found to do this. People can find it thourgh amazon.com and your-website-url.(com), and you might be able to get amazon to pay the shiping for your stuff

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
My friend used this site and says its very user friendly - Create A Website - Squarespace ...Think of a name and go for it :) Cozy Cavy uses flicker to house pics of her fabrics which I think is a great idea. Good luck!

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I think Etsy appeals to the younger crowd more than ebay. Etsy is very modern and fasionable. Someone sold painted sticks for 50-something US dollars just because it seemed edgy and cool. I don't know many 20-somethings who rely on Ebay much anymore. Their site is also very unappealing, without any personable features. With Etsy you can create networking circles with other shops easily. Gets you more product views.

Though, you'd have Cobb Cabin Crafts as your competitor.

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
I'd buy from you! Let us know when you get things figured out!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.