Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Weight Loss What Do You Use?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
What scale(s) do you use for weighing your pigs? I really need to start weighing Ginger, I know. Something affordable, ($20 at the max, though it'd prefer it to be less), and at a store so that i can go buy it.

Also, any tips for weighing? How often should I do it? What is normal weight for piggies?

Thanks so much!
-Ariona :)

I use one my dad's scales. I wish I knew what it is called, but it's a complicated scale.
My pigs usually sit still when they are weighed, so I just put them on there and wait for the reading to come up.
I weigh weekly, and their weight is just above 2 pounds.

(broken link removed)

I use this. I likes it.

Thanks guys! I will probably go get one tomorrow. :)

@MissJean , $50?! For a scale for your pigs?! Now THAT, is a real cavy slave. :p

I use my postage scale. I put a cardboard box on it and zero it out. Then put the piggie in it! It can do both grams and pounds. I'm not sure, I think it was only $14.00. Used either batteries or plug in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.