Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Cavy Newbie!

CavyLover1234

Cavy Slave
Greetings!

I am a teenage girl with 2 guinea pigs currently, but I was 8 years old when I
got my first Piggie. He died just after I turned 9. (he was 3 years old and he got URI)
Now for a bit about my pigs:)
Puff: Puff is 4 years old, and I have had her since she was a month old. I got
her from a petstore that breed their own pigs, but that was before I knew any
better. Puff is a black, white, and brown silkie female.
Asha: Asha is under a year old, and I got her about a month and a half ago
from someone who could not care for her anymore.

Puff is in a C&C cage, but I noticed Asha acting differently a week ago an has been moved to a store bought cage for the time being.

We took both piggies to the vet 5 days ago, and Puff is just fine and healthy,
but Asha had an ear infection and something wrong with her eye, I do not remember from memory what it was, though.

Anyway, Asha is doing much better now, but she hates her ear drops. She shakes her head just before the drop goes into her ear, and it may take me as long as 10 minuites to get one drop in an ear.(She needs three in each ear) Any tips to make ear drops more pleasant for both of us?

p.s. Asha was quarantined for 3 weeks before I introduced her to Puff and put them in the cage together.

cavylover123

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I think that you'll find it very fun to talk with other guinea pig lovers. I did!
I love you pigs' names! Well, I hope Asha gets used to her medicine and it gets easier for you!

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
If it makes you feel any better, I'm probably more skittish than your pig when it comes to ear drops. I'm prone to ear infections; I usually get one every year or two, and my mother used to have to pin me to the bed to force my head still enough to put drops in. Nowadays it's the same, except my girlfriend has that job instead of my mother. lol

Tunundary

Cavy Slave
I'm having to use eyedrops right now and I can't keep my eyes open to put them in. I can't put in contacts etc. My ears are better since I can't see it coming. Maybe try putting some sort of hood on her to cover her eyes while you are doing it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.