Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

uPpEr DeCk?!?!?!

B

Brynn

uPpEr DeCk?!?!?!

hey everyone I have a 2X4 cage for my piggies and I built them a 1X4 upper deck. I was wondering before I let them on the upper deck because the deck is so large what should I use to support the grids? Any advice or what you use would be greatly appreciated!! PLEASE HELP!!!!
Brynn

L

lippy2589

Re: uPpEr DeCk?!?!?!

If you go to this page - it shows ideas. imageevent.com/cavyspirit/cages01
I haven't finished my upper deck yet - but I was thinking of using sticks of wood to keep it in place or see if I can find plexi glass or something to hold it up - - if I can find them in little circles. Let me know what you decide to do. My cage is the same size - but my upper deck is only 1x2.

B

Brynn

I was thinking of using bungee cords on everyother grid of the floor of upper deck then pulling them up and connecting them to the wall. Do you think that would work??

T

two and two

Upper deck

I just finished putting my cubes together with a 2x4 cage and 1x4 upper deck. I wanted it to be open so that I could get to the piggies that would be resting on the upper level. I ended up using connectors where I could and then a lot of cable ties. You can get different size cable ties at any home improvement store and they work great. It seems to be pretty sturdy. Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.