Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi everyone!

Cry1013

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to introduce myself :) I am a proud owner of two sweet female guinea pigs named Isabella "Bella" and Rose Petal "Rosie" :) We bought them for my daughters birthday. She's in love as am I! Well, will be posting more later. Also gotta upload their cage as I think it is so awesome!

cyndyt

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum.

Piggy are such a wonderful friend

Last edited by a moderator:

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! Can't wait to see some pigtures!

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
Welcome :)

I also have two lady pigs, Quee and Kwee. Very cute creatures.

I won't regale you with the full lecture that you might get from other people here, but how old is your daughter? It seems that you love your pigs, which is good, but children are generally not good caretakers, and people who get piggies as pets for their young kids are often frowned upon. But as long as they're taken good care of, who am I to judge? ;)

Get some photos of the pigs too!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Welcome :)

I also have two lady pigs, Quee and Kwee. Very cute creatures.

I won't regale you with the full lecture that you might get from other people here, but how old is your daughter? It seems that you love your pigs, which is good, but children are generally not good caretakers, and people who get piggies as pets for their young kids are often frowned upon. But as long as they're taken good care of, who am I to judge? ;)

Get some photos of the pigs too!

Not always true, y'know. I am 12 and take great care of my Piggies. Haha. But I know where you are coming from!

I can't wait to see pigtures! Especially cages. Do you have a C&C cage?

ZUIDY EDIT: Never mind, just saw your pictures. Looks great!

Last edited:

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
Not always true, y'know. I am 12 and take great care of my Piggies. Haha. But I know where you are coming from!
Like I say, far be it from me to judge without knowledge. Although I think most people who advise against children having pigs are referring to younger than 12, probably in the single digits.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Like I say, far be it from me to judge without knowledge. Although I think most people who advise against children having pigs are referring to younger than 12, probably in the single digits.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

:)

Cry1013

Cavy Slave
:) Yes my daughter is 6 years old. She is wonderful with them. We made rules already. She is not allowed to pick them up herself. And she can only hold them if I am in her room with her. She absolutely loves to sit there and talk to them (they love it too because they make happy noises to her!) She plays in there and watches movies. The girls love her being around them so much! But thank you SO much for your input! I understand all the love you guys have for piggies! I will try and post some pictures soon of them! :)

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.