Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia To Our Aussie Neighbours....

mistymu

Cavy Slave
Is it as hard for you to find the Cubes in Australia as it is for us here in NZ? If not would anyone be interested in grabbing some for us and posting them over to us???
It would be greatly Appreciated ❤️

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
They aren't too bad to find. Most Bunnings stores have them. However, the issue is they are very expensive. 5 panels for $14. And they are heavy so postage would cost an arm and a leg. FYI a 20kg parcel would cost $107. It'd cost, easily $200 to make a simple C+C cage.

Do you have closet shelving? I've also seen cages made out of wood, but covered with lino to stop it rotting? Remember, C+Cs's don't *have* to be made from grids. It's simply the idea of affordable, large cages. I've also (this would be a little pricier) seen cages made entirely of metal. You cut and weld it to the size/shape you want, however it's fairly permanent and very heavy and you need to know how to use a welder.

mistymu

Cavy Slave
yeah we just thought we would chk out the options (theres a few of us that would like them) but yeah.... Have found some shelvings but am going to look a bit more to see what I can find.....

Talyra

Cavy Slave
I had to get mine from Amazon. When I called Bunnings (the hardware store - my Kiwi boyfriend says you might not have Bunnings over there :p) they shunted me through four different departments before finally admitting they had no clue what I was talking about. The department stores over here do have cube storage, sort of, but it's not the right kind.

(broken link removed)

This was the only one I found that ships outside the US, although that may have changed in the month since I last checked. If anyone in Aus does know where to get them locally, I'm all ears!

mistymu

Cavy Slave
we have bunnings, target, bed bath and beyond etc but none are related as such to ones in other countries and dont stock cubes - soooo frustrating lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.