Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels hows my upper level?

Sl and S

Cavy Slave
hows my upper level?
hows my upper level?
hows my upper level?
Does it look good and stable? this will be home to my 2 piggies, and the new one is going tp be introduced sunday hopefully, maybe today.

I think it looks great! Nice job!

i used target grids though. is that ok as long as i used the really big holed grids on the bottom and the smaller grids for the sides?

You're upper level looks nice and sturdy. I'm going to be completely honest with you... Cleaning underneath the length of 3 grids is going to be very hard, unless you have a very good system put in place.

If possible, I would try to make your loft overhang, similar to the one in this picture
NEW 2x2 Loft! - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

ill try it for now. i think i could just lift the coroplast up and i know i can fit my hands through the big holes at the bottom, and i can use the extension on my vacum.

You're upper level looks nice and sturdy. I'm going to be completely honest with you... Cleaning underneath the length of 3 grids is going to be very hard, unless you have a very good system put in place.

If possible, I would try to make your loft overhang, similar to the one in this picture
NEW 2x2 Loft! - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

I agree! It was a pain to get under a loft only 1 grid deep, this might pose a problem. Try it though...That what's great about C&C, it can easily be changed! I had an overhung loft and LOVED it!

All you can do is try.

You can always make adjustments down the road if you need to. That's why C&C cages are so great!!! I love how versitile they are.

i used target grids though. is that ok as long as i used the really big holed grids on the bottom and the smaller grids for the sides?

Target grids are never safe to use for the side walls. Those 8x8 square grids are the ones that have killed piggies when they get their heads stuck. You can still use them if you overlap them to make the holes smaller or make your coroplast wall very high.

Target grids are never safe to use for the side walls. Those 8x8 square grids are the ones that have killed piggies when they get their heads stuck. You can still use them if you overlap them to make the holes smaller or make your coroplast wall very high.
how high for the coroplast? i have a whole sheet anyway so might as well use it all.

8 to 10 inches to be safe. I know with 6 inches, they can put their paws up on the edge and can still get to the grids.

are you talking about the holes in the ones on the bottoms, they arent big enough for them to get there heads stuck. I have the same grids

no on the upper level.

how's my ramp?
hows my upper level? does it need anything over the grid or is it ok as is?

You need to put something over the grid because of their sensitive feet. Try some coroplast and then a tea towel on top so their walking on the towel and their well protected from the grid.

it has coroplast under it, and ill add a tore or something.

here it is finished. well i still wanna get different hides but still pretty much finished.
hows my upper level?
hows my upper level?
hows my upper level?

It looks nice! I like the black with the orange coroplast. How are the piggies liking it?

It's red coroplast. They've loved it! I actually didn't think they'd catch on how to use the ramp so fast, but I guess i made the ramp the way they wanted it, nice and secure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.