Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? Daisy...not sure of breed..pix included.

scarlettraven

Cavy Slave
Daisy is about 3 months old. She is very soft and her fur is fluffy with alot of fluff around her head/neck. She is so soft all I want to do is pet her all day :eek:
My other girl Bingo is a short hair and I find that they feel very different although I don't think Daisy is an actual long hair.

Any thoughts on what breed she could be? Is her fur like this because she's still so young...although Bingo's hair was not like this at that age....Here are some pictures.

Daisy...not sure of breed..pix included.Daisy...not sure of breed..pix included.Daisy...not sure of breed..pix included.

Clovers

Cavy Slave
she looks like a coronet

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
She seems to have a hybrid coat like Harper does! If I had to guess what breed she is (and I usually do so incorrectly), I would say Peruvian x Shorthair or Coronet just because the coat is long but smoothly flows over her body, not in whorls like an Aby. Or perhaps she's part Silkie instead of Peruvian?
Either way, she's adorable! :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
She's not a coronet. They look like lvery long haired cresteds. She doesn't have a crest. She looks like an American-Silkie mix to me.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
She doesn't have the "peruvian part" down her back so I'm thinking she's not peruvian but definitely some combination of a longer haired breed. I think Pinky is right - some kind of American-silkie mix.

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
Definitely some silkie in her, and a cutie for sure.

Nicholle

Cavy Slave
My piggy looked like this, I was so excited since i thought she was long haired :D Now she looks more like a short haired american with a little curl on her head.??? Not really sure what she is but it is soooo adorable

scarlettraven

Cavy Slave
Thank you all....doesn't really matter what she is. She is such a sweetie. She is still really scared of us...we are trying our best to get her used to us (she joined us about a month ago). Was just wondering as her fur is so different.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
She kinda looks like gidget Daisy...not sure of breed..pix included.

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
Gidget is an American; notice that her hair is short all over, compared to the long hairs on Daisy.

scarlettraven

Cavy Slave
She kinda looks like gidget View attachment 21423

Our other girl Bingo looks just like Gidget. But Daisy's fur is completely different, especially in texture and she has a little tuft of longer fur on her head between and behind her ears.

Do you think her hair will get longer as she gets older?? Are guinea pigs with long hair born with short hair and then it grows...or long hair at birth?

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
oh okay Gidgets fur is so soft I love petting her

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.