Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea Pig Cruelty Questions

kalrik

Cavy Slave
I went to a Ranch to ride horses the other day. It was three hours from my home home, we were at our up north home. It is a big place, that lets people come ride, take lessons, shop at the gift shop, eat at the steak house, etc. In one of the gift shops they had two guinea pigs. I was surprised to see that they were surrounded by c and c; they were in a small 1x3.

The cruelty part is that they were on bedding that was so dirty and caked up, you couldn't distinguish chips, just like wood slush. THey had NO water (just an empty small bottle), which is what upset me the most. They had pellets in a tiny tiny dish and no hay. I am sure they are getting no veggies. Is there anything I can do? Can I call anyone? Will they take it seriously?

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Call the local SPCA and animal control to report the conditions. Call the manager of the place to complain. I hate to say it, as much as I deplore the conditions, I would be tempted to buy them to get them out that horrid environment.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
That is animal neglect. Please call animal control and report them.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
SPCA is very good about prosecuting when there is no water present.

kalrik

Cavy Slave
I have found the local number for the aspca, is that what you guys are talking about?

Do I call them first and tell them they are treating the animals wrong or do I just call the ASPCA?

Christys GPS

Cavy Slave
Yes I would call your local aspca and tell them about the conditions that you saw. They will go and ivestagate the situation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.