Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ashli and V

Vbs_babygirl

Cavy Slave
Hey! I am Ashli and my little guinea pig is V, named for the V on his forehead. He is an american shorthaired guinea pig that is about 1 or so years old. We adopted him from petco because someone dropped him off. We took him home and he has been so great! Even though he is my first guinea pig, I took it upon myself to learn as much as I could about guinea pigs so I could take care of V and future guinea pig pets to the best of my ability. There are some things I am still learning, so I am glad that there is a site like this where I can ask questions to fellow guinea pig owners. : )

We are currently trying to find him a partner, whether it be a spayed girl or another male, because I am going to be starting work soon and he really needs a friend....and my partner and I would like another one as well! We have tried bonding V with a baby boar at a rescue, but it didn't work out so well. If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

For right now though, V has found a friend in our robo dwarf hamster Tiger Lily that he likes to play tag with. He doesn't seem to mind that she has to stay in her ball : ) He popcorns like crazy! So adorable.

Anyways! That is us! : D

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! We would love to see pigtures of V!
Have a look over this link: Guinea Pigs Social Life
It has all the info for introducing pigs and getting them to be friends!

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Please post pictures of V and the hammie in his ball! That sounds adorable :)
Good luck on your quest to find him a friend. Maybe he'll get along with an adult boar of similar or complimentary personality?
Welcome!

Vbs_babygirl

Cavy Slave
Thank you! He is very adorable and I think he has gorgeous markings! Tiger Lily and V are incredibly amusing to watch lol! She comes up behind him and runs into his backside and he popcorns and chases after her while she runs away. It's great!

I can't wait till we get another guinea pig though! I just really hope that we can find one that will get along with my little bugger. : ) I honestly don't think it was V that was the problem anyways, I think the baby boar was. V is dominant and the baby was extra dominant. I do agree with trying with an adult male, but won't they have bad dominance problems as well? Because their testoterone level is the same and they will fight for dominance?

Do I post the pictures on here or do I post them somewhere else? Also, can you post videos? Thanks!!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! You can click on the picture frame with the tree in it above and attach pictures. The only way I kno of to post video is to post a link to your video on YouTube.

Vbs_babygirl

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I love taking pictures of my little guy. : )

Ashli and VAshli and VAshli and VAshli and V

Attachments

V 2.jpg

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
What a dashing little man, that blaze of orange by his eye is great.

Vbs_babygirl

Cavy Slave
Sooooo I got another guinea pig. It's a baby girl and she lives next door to V. My partner made our new cage so it is amazing : ) My partner got her for me yesterday for an early Valentine's Day present.

This is our new cage and our newest edition : )
Ashli and VAshli and VAshli and VAshli and VShe is new, so she stays in her tunnel Lol. I put her food and water closer to her so she could get to it easier. We named her Pyxi (like pixie) and my partner calls her Pyxi Stick for a nickname lol

petgal49

Cavy Slave
Aww cute!! When I had my hamster my guinea pigs would love sniffing him and wondering what it was!! I have such a soft spot for hamsters even though I haven't had one almost ten years! There is a two at my local shelter and I am so tempted to go adopt them but I can only have three pets until I finish university.

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
I love the second picture of you and V, so cute!!!

Vbs_babygirl

Cavy Slave
Thank you! Yeah V and Tiger Lily love to play together. Lol Although now that V knows there is a pretty young girl next door to him, he has gone crazy! He squeaked excitedly for five hours with only 1 fifteen minute nap in his igloo and then a five minute nap next to his food bowl. He squeaked himself to sleep! It was so funny. Every once in a while I would hear him squeak in his sleep. He seems to love little miss Pyxi. She comes up to him and sees him because he has been stalking her all day rofl and they chut and smell but then she gets down and runs about her cage.

I had to clean Tiger Lily's cage out yesterday so I put her in her ball and let V get down and play with her. She was desperately trying to get his attention, which was half on her and half on trying to find a way to Pyxi. Lol

My partner got Tiger Lily because she was jealous that V took such a liking to me. He really is a mommy's boy. Plus, before we got V, she wanted a smaller pet. So after V and such, she broke down and had to get one. She was going to get a hamster, but then she saw the robo dwarf hamsters! And seriously, if you think hamsters go fast then you have never seen a robo hamster. They are like ADD on steriods! Lol Which is why my partner took her home. She was impressed and amazed with the little creatures! Lol

We love all our little pets <3 We live in the basement of my partner's Aunt's house, and it's like an apartment. Upstairs though, we have a sweet little pitbull and a huge american bulldog, and a blue birman cat...oh and a birdy too : )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.