Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C+C Open Top Cages.... Will the Piggies jump over the edge?

A

animemoon

C+C Open Top Cages.... Will the Piggies jump over the edge?

I had one guinea pig a while ago, we had a a timber hideaway house in the cage, and he would always jump on the top of the house,
I also at one time, had 4 baby piggies, i put them in a box while i was cleaning their cage, it was about 1 1/2 feet tall, 5 minutes later I look, and 2 of the piggies jumped out!!! and there wasnt anything for them to stand on either!

My question is, will the guinea pigs be able to jump out of the open top cube an coroplast cages? i would like to leave the top open, so i can get them out easier, but i dont want them to jump out! what can i do to prevent this just incase???

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: C+C Open Top Cages.... Will the Piggies jump over the ed

Put a couple of grids as a "T" top on the 'at risk' section. They'll get used to it being there as a deterrent. After a while, you should be able to remove it with no jumping behavior. Also, just make sure they have no launch pads close to the edge, like a pigloo or wooden house.

It's very rare for pigs to jump over. I've had it happen once. And he was on top of the pigloo and wanted desperately to get into the cage next door.

Attachments

604052_114475875416152_1581750787_n.jpg
A

animemoon

At Risk section? where would that be at?

Where would i add extra grids? thers like 6 grids left that arent gonna be against a wall, .....

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: At Risk section? where would that be at?

Just make a top out of them where appropriate.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.