Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Best looking coroplast corners?

betty

Cavy Slave
I have had my Molly for just over a month now and am already thinking about cage improvement!

The corners on the coroplast looks ugly the way I have it folded and taped. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make corners look better?

Geez, Betty, you're slow! Most people have their next cage planned out by the end of the first week!

I just used wide clear tape on my corners.

Hahaha! I've been VERY occupied with perfecting my fleece, but I can see that this is going to be a very addictive hobby! I find myself looking at Petfinder every day at the cuties who need homes. If only Molly will allow more friends!

I found using a fleece liner that folds over the sides is the best way for me to keep everything looking nice and neat. Plus when I vacuum things don't get all askew.

I used gorilla glue and a hot glue gun to do the corners on mine. There's also white binder edging on everything. I have fleece bedding that is velcro'd to the inside corners. I don't vacuum, I ladle (oddly, way easier), but I'm pretty sure it'd be ok either way. I think that's about as neat as it's gonna get.

I'm going for the grunge, found-object, recycled, university-student look, so I used duct tape. Actually, I used black gaffers tape on the outside which is a bit nicer :p I also didn't fold over as I found that bulky. I just used tape. But my coroplast sheets are also old election signs, I think it fits well lol

Hahaha!! This is the thread for me! So, I used some heavy duty glue but was too anxious to clamp it to let it sit so I taped it to hold it while it dried. Not a good idea, because it did separate a little anyway but I finally took the tape off and it looks ok. Better than tape for me and it's holding up so it's a good compromise. I am about to make one for my niece and will be gluing and clamping. I would love to figure out a way to eliminate the folded plastic look.

For those of you who wrap the fleece all the way around, do you tuck it under the coroplast or use the paper clip things or do something else...?

I love the velcro idea for the fleece! I'm thinking about velcro to hold the ramp in place too. My boys keep pushing it over to create a walkway. I also love the binder edges...I may end up doing that on mine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.