Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi There!

violettedream

Cavy Slave
Hi There,

I'm Sarah or violettedream is my usual name around the web.

The piggie I am adopting is coming home tomorrow. He's an older pig, who needs a new home. And I had one as a teen and fell in love with her, so I was casually looking for a little piggie to come home. And I found him.

He's an American Satin Smooth Coat and is like a mixture of caramel and chocolate browns.

I've been poking around here, and just can't wait to bring him home tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks so much for adopting an older piggie! They are often overlooked, which is sad because older pigs are the best in my opinion! You will have to post pictures once you get him!

And here he is,

My new guy, Twix:

Hi There!

Hi There!

Welcome! So glas you have joined us on the forum! You will find so much good info for your new man, Twix.
He is adorable! In your first picture he is "please, (sad eyes) can I have some more?"
Just sooo cute.

Oh my! He is sooo cute! He looks sorta like my teddy bear! Very cute! :)

It hard to tell in the picture but in the first one it almost looks like he has a "cherry eye". Is it just the picture?

He really stole my heart when I saw him (and his former owner was in a bit of pickle) and I knew that an older pig wouldn't be loved by everyone, so I jumped at chance

And yes, He has a bit of a "droopy eye" (pea eye I believe is what his former owner said the vet called it) He was checked out before he came to me, and it all looks fine. I was told to just keep an eye on it and that it's not hurting his vision and seems not to be uncomfortable with it and as I've now read it sounds like I was told.

My dog (who is in LOVE with Twix and is always curious as to what he is up to) attends a cavy savvy vet clinic here. So, if anything more develops with it, or becomes a concern to me I will bring him in / talk with the vet.

As for Twix, he's settled in nicely. He's already been making happy noises. We (I say we because he totally helped) made a little fleece tent for him in his cage and he's settling in. I am very happy to have him home with me. As for sleeping, I have NO idea, I was so excited he was coming last night, I barely slept. And now I am just so happy he's here!

He is precious! He looks so calm and content. Congrats!

Aww he is so adorable! I can totally understand if you don't get sleep tonight! He looks so cute and cuddly!

Such a cutie! My last guinea pig (before the ones I have now) developed pea eye on both his eyes. It never seemed to bother him. He lived to be 9 or 10 years old.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.