Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast thickness of coroplast?

skritters

Cavy Slave
I was planning on getting used election signs for my coroplast but on seeing them realized they're quite thin-- I'm sure I've seen coroplast twice that thick!

Does it matter? Is thicker better?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Most people use the 4mm thickness. But it really doesn't matter -- it's mainly there for a moisture barrier and to keep the bedding from being kicked out.

nicholelynne

Cavy Slave
Where do you get used election signs? I would love to get my hands on some... :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Around here, you can pick them up off the side of the road now that the election is over. But you can also call the local headquarters of any political parties in your area and ask if they've got old signs you can have. Or check with sign shops to see if they've got some misprinted ones that they'll give away. This is the week for old political signs, since the election was just Tuesday.

skritters

Cavy Slave
We're having a municipal election on the 19th and it just happens that my housemate works for one of the parties :)

Although I do like the idea of the thicker, sturdier coroplast... I guess the fact that they're in the grids makes it sturdy enough? *frets*

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.