Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi Folks! New Here...

bibbster

Cavy Slave
Hi gang,

I'm new to the site but not entirely new to pigs. I had some as a kid and now my kids are about to embark on the journey of caring for their own pigs.

This is as exciting for me as it is for them. To be honest, I've come close to getting a couple for myself. My Cichlids just aren't as fun to play with. lol They won't be getting their new pets for about another month, so I'm going to spend the next several weeks helping them learn the proper care and such of their new little buddies.

With the help of this site, we will be contructing a C&C cage tonight. I wish I would have known about these things back when I was a kid. They allow so much more interaction...whoever thought of them deserves another pat on the back! We'll also be making some tunnels, ramps, etc.

Anywho, just wanted to say, "Hello" and introduce myself to the forum.

bibbster
images

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome back to the world of piggies! There's good information at Guinea Pig Education, Care, Rescue and Adoption at Cavy Spirit, and in the Diet and Nutrition forum here. Read especially the "read me" forum about what's allowed for pigs and what's not, and the "sample menus" one.

We'll need pictures when you get your little guys.

bibbster

Cavy Slave
Thank you bpatters. I appreciate the warm welcome and the link and suggested reads. We will definitely check those out.

I'll be sure and post pictures once we have them home. I'll post pictures of their home and such once we have it completed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.